Subject: Presentation graphics

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 00:09:27 +0100

I'm looking for a converter program which will take a screen capture image (e.g.
an RGB file from the SGI snapshot utility, or a postscript file generated from
it) and generate a high quality postscript file.  By high quality, I mean with
the jaggies removed from letters and edges of smooth curves, and some color/
pattern dithering for shaded surfaces, etc.

I know I can generate high quality images from molscript and/or Raster3D.  I
wish, however, specifically to process screen images (grabbed at screen
resolution) and upgrade them to printer resolution.

I'll summarize if I am not the only person who doesn't know how to do this.

sb

===========================================================================
  Stephen B. Bowlus, Ph.D.                Computer-Aided Molecular Design
  Principal Scientist
                                          Novartis Crop Protection, Inc.
  e-mail: [email-masked]    Palo Alto Research Center
  Phone:  + 1 650 354 3904                975 California Ave.
  Fax:    + 1 650 857 1125                Palo Alto, CA 94304
===========================================================================