Subject: Help: TCGMSG

From: Xiaofeng Duan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 14:58:42 -0400 (EDT)

hi, all,
I compiled TCGMSG (ipcv4.0) on the Origin 2000 machine to run the parallel 
version of GAMESS and found the maximum nodes I can use is 13. If the 
nodes specified is more than that, then I got system error messages. For 
example, if I use 14 nodes to run sample program hello.x, i got following 
message:

hpc03-1:/hafs1/duanx/tcgmsg/ipcv4.0/ parallel hello
 Creating: host=hpc03-1, user=duanx,
           file=/hafs1/duanx/tcgmsg/ipcv4.0/hello.x, port=31271
 0: SemSetCreate: n_sem has invalid value 42 (0x2a).
system error message: Permission denied
14: interrupt

I thought the error was caused because n_sem (Is n_sem = 3x(number of
nodes)?) was larger than the default setting, therefore I redefined
MAX_N_SEM in sema.c from 40 to 100. But this modification was not helpful
and I got the same error. Can someone help me figure out what the problem
is and how to correct it? 

Many thanx!

****************************************
Xiaofeng Duan, Ph. D.
WL/MLBP, Bldg. 654
2941 P St. Ste. 1
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433
(937)255-9164
[email-masked]
****************************************