Subject: Re: CCL:isosurfaces in volumetric data

From: Stuart Green <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 07:51:09 GMT

>> Hi, I'm looking for a free implementation (preferably in c) of
    >> an algorithm that renders isosurfaces of 3D data on a grid.

    >> One example would be the Marching Cubes algorithm by Lorensen
    >> and Cline, but any other method that generates triangles and
    >> corresponding surface normals is welcome, too.

To overcome the lack of this type of rendering in Chime and Rasmol,
I've coded the marching cubes algorithm to generate coordinates and
connections for a surface in PDB format. The surface PDB can then be
added to the molecular PDB with selection controlled residue id
number. This is all in C and is freely available.

Check out the MO and MEP examples at:-

http://www.chem.leeds.ac.uk/stuartg/marching/surface.html

-- 
Stuart M. Green                               [email-masked]
School of Chemistry
University of Leeds                           Tel +44 113 233 6596
Leeds, LS2 9JT, England                       Fax +44 113 233 6563