Subject: Molecular Nanotechnology Conference Nov. 5-8

From: Ralph Merkle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 10:59:23 PST

Fifth Foresight Conference on Molecular Nanotechnology
November 5-8 1997, Palo Alto, California.
    http://www.foresight.org/Conferences/MNT05/Nano5.html

Abstracts and Preliminary Schedule available on the web:
    http://www.foresight.org/Conferences/MNT05/Abstracts
    http://www.foresight.org/Conferences/MNT05/Schedule.html

Keynote: Richard Smalley, Rice University
         1996 Nobel Prize in Chemistry

The 1997 Feynman Prizes in Nanotechnology will be awarded at the conference.

This conference is a meeting of scientists and technologists working in
fields leading toward molecular nanotechnology: thorough three-dimensional
structural control of materials and devices at the molecular level.  The
conference will cover topics relevant to the pursuit of molecular control:

* supramolecular chemistry and self-assembly
* proximal probes (e.g. STM, AFM)
* biochemistry and protein engineering
* computational chemistry and molecular modeling
* computer science (e.g. computational models, system design issues)
* natural molecular machines
* materials science
* mechanical engineering (CAD) and robotics

Foresight Institute, PO Box 61058, Palo Alto, CA, 94036 USA

email: [email-masked], fax +1 650 917 1123, phone 650-917-1122