Subject: The PC GAMESS v. 4.3 is available

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 97 19:11:29 +0300

Dear PC GAMESS users,

I'm glad to inform you that the new version (4.3) of the PC GAMESS is released
and now available from the official GAMESS www and ftp sites.

Compared to the previous public PC GAMESS version 4.1,
the main differences are in the the MP2, MP2 gradient,
and CI gradient codes.

Please see the URLs

http://classic.chem.msu.su/gran/gamess/index.html
http://www.msg.ameslab.gov/GAMESS/dist.pc.html

for all the information concerning the new PC GAMESS version.

If you use the PC GAMESS regularly, you can help us by sending me
([email-masked]) an e-mail with the subject
"the PC GAMESS user". 

We would be glad to get the statictics
concerning typical PC GAMESS usage and the hardware used. Any useful suggestions
are highly appreciated too. We are interested also in
the benchmark comparison with other quantum chemistry packages 
running both on the PC, and other platforms, etc...

This all will help us to estimate the number of current
PC GAMESS users, as well as to make decision about future plans
concerning both the whole PC GAMESS project, and the main directions of our
attention, etc...

Yours sincerely,

    Alex. A. Granovsky,
    Moscow State University,
    Laboratory of Chemical
    Cybernetics

-----------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]
Fri Oct 31 19:11:00 1997
-----------------------------------------------------------