Subject: CCL:Raster3D on Linux (fwd)

From: [email-masked] (Bernd Melchers)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 11:24:28 +0100 (MET)

----- Forwarded message from Konrad Hinsen -----

Did anyone succeed in making Raster3D work under Linux? With some
modifications I got most programs (all except normal3d) to compile,
but neither render nor avs2ps works (render produces incorrect output
files, and avs2ps empty ones). It would be nice if someone had a
working binary distribution...
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: [email-masked]
----- End of forwarded message from Konrad Hinsen -----

I did this for version 3.2b and i am now working on the current version 3.2D.

- You have to delete the Q-Format statements and their corresponding
arguments. Q is NOT standard f77, so nobody should use this in
portable programs.
- I don't use f2c but g77. All g77 versions have little bugs (g77 is
beta Release Software!), but mostly it works. f2c is slower.

 In one or two weeks i have some time to
work further on the program.

Ciao
Bernd Melchers

-- 
Bernd Melchers             | [email-masked]
Freie Universitaet Berlin  | "We don't write software, we compose it."
AG Macromelecular Modelling - Prof. Dr. E.W. Knapp
for more information see http://www.chemie.fu-berlin.de/~melchers