Subject: GAMESS (US) on SGI O2

From: Steve Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 17:45:32 -0500

I am getting ready to compile GAMESS on an SGI O2 (R5000 processor) running
IRIX 6.3, with version 7.1 for SGI's fortran compiler.  It seems to me that
I may benefit from the CCL community experience on this.  I imagine that
there are quite a few O2 & IRIX 6.3 GAMESS users out there and I would like
to benefit from your collective wisdom.

Are there any patches (I've installed the SGI recommended patches for IRIX)
to the compiler that I should install?

Are there any known pitfalls that I can try to avoid?

Any general suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

*****************************************
Steve Williams               F    F    F
Chemistry                     \  / \  /
Appalachian State University   Al   Al
Boone, NC 28608               /  \ /  \
USA                          F    F    F
[email-masked]
<http://www.acs.appstate.edu/~willsd>