Subject: REVIEWS IN COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY

From: Boyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 09:52:01 -0500

CCLers,
Volume 11 of REVIEWS IN COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY has been 
published.

This volume focuses on computer-aided ligand design and 
modeling of biomolecules.  A stellar group of international 
scientists provide tutorials for beginners and reviews for 
experts.  Subjects covered are:
o	de novo design methodologies for discovering new 
	pharmaceuticals.
o	three-dimensional quantitative structure-activity 
	relationships (3D-QSAR).
o	computing the lipophilic/hydrophilic behavior of 
	molecules.
o	simulating DNA in the presence of counterions.
o	software and Internet tools for computational chemistry.

The authors are:  Pascal Auffinger,  David L. Beveridge, 
Donald B. Boyd,  Pierre-Alain Carrupt,  David E. Clark, 
Patrick Gaillard,  Giovanni Greco,  Bhyravabhotla Jayaram, 
David R. Langley,  Jin Li,  Yvonne Connolly Martin, 
Mark A. Murcko,  Christopher W. Murray,  Ettore Novellino, 
Tudor I. Oprea,  Ganesan Ravishanker,  Bernard Testa, 
Chris L. Waller,  and Matthew A. Young.

Quoting from a review in the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry: 
"This well-respected series continues the fine selection of topics 
and presentation qualities....  For example, each chapter contains 
thorough treatment of the theory behind the topic being 
covered.   Moreover, the background material is followed by 
ample timely examples culled from recent literature ...."

The ISBN of Volume 11 is 0-471-19248-1.  For more information 
and online indexes, visit http://chem.iupui.edu/rcc/rcc.html

Thanks,  Don

Kenny B. Lipkowitz and Donald B. Boyd, Editors
REVIEWS IN COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY
Department of Chemistry
Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-3274, U.S.A.
Internet [email-masked]