From: Roberto Rivelino de Melo Moreno <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 10:22:53 -0300 (GRNLNDST)

Here are the answers about Li2 molecule data:
********************************************************************* 
I would look in Huber and Herzberg, "Constants of Diatomic 
Molecules".  They have data.  The book was published in 1979 so there 
may be newer references.  The book contains data for 5 observed 
electronic states.

Martin L. Sage
Syracuse University
*********************************************************************
Hello:

In general, 

"K. P. Huber, and G. Herzberg,  Molecular Spectra and Molecular
Structure, Vol. IV., Constants of Diatomic Molecules, (Van
Nostrand, Toronto, 1979)."

is an extremely useful book.  It is a compilation (and
critical evaluation) of practically
all known spectroscopic data for all diatomics UP TO 1979.  For
Li2, D_0=1.04(6) ; R_e=2.6729 Angstrom; and omega_e=351.4 cm-1.
The latter is not from HH, it is from:

D.D. Konalow and M. L. Olson, J. Chem. Phys. 71, 450 (1979).

When I don't find the info on the diatomic I want, I try:

M. D. Morse, Chem. Rev. 86, 1049-1109 (1986)  [transition-metal dimers]
or make an author search (mostly in J. Chem. Phys.) for articles
having as co-author either:
M. D. Morse or B. Simard or A. J. Merer or R. W. Field or C.W.
Bauschlicher; I'm sure this is very incomplete list, but it's
often a good starting point for the diatomics that I am interested
in (transition metals).

Cheers,
         Rene Fournier.
***************************************************************************
Did you check Huber and Herzberg?  The full title is something like
"Constants of Diatomic Molecules" and it is volume 4 in the Herzberg
set of classics.  
**************************************************************************
May be in :
V. Bonacic-Koutecky, P. Fantucci and J. Koutecky, Chem. Rev. , 91, 1035 (1991).
They deal wit Li clusters and possibly refer to experimental data. (I
Cannot remember exactly)

Hope it helps

Pascal
*****************************************************************************
If you do a web search on Li clusters, some references will come up.

Irene Newhouse
****************************************************************************
Sear Sir
Probably, you can find some fererences in 
{Ab initio potential energy surface and vibrational energies of Li-over 3.}
{Chemical Physics Letters, APR 25 1997 v 269 n1/2}

Timothy G Shinkevich
Postgraduate student of 
Laboratory of Spectrochemistry of
Chemical dep. of
St.Petersburg State University
***************************************************************************
I think there are references for electron affinity and UV spectra of
diatomic molecules in the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics.
***************************************************************************

		Thanks all.