Subject: 1-Day Molecular Modelling Meeting

From: "Flower, Darren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 16:23:03 +0100

Molecular Modelling Group
Royal Society of Chemistry: 
Industrial Affairs Disivion

ONE DAY SYMPOSIUM
Molecular Modelling for Industry: 
The Training Issues

Thursday, 4 December 1997
Scientific Societies Lecture Theatre
New Burlington Place, Piccadilly, London

Molecular modelling is now widely used in the pharmaceutical, chemical
and electronic industries. Its success depends to a large extent on how
well integrated the modelling is with an on going experimental
programme. Are the experimentalists and modellers adequately trained to
ask relevant questions to each other - for the benefit of both? Where
and what type of training they can get? How to get access to molecular
modelling when no facilities exist in-house? These are some of the
questions to be debated at this meeting. We have speakers from industry
to talk on what they expect from Molecular Modelling and the efforts
that they have made. In the afternoon, the speakers will describe the
kind of training that they have provided both within the industry and in
the academia. In the Panel Discussion, the audience will have an
opportunity to assess  and suggest any improvements, if necessary.

AGENDA

10.00		Coffee & Registration
10.25		Welcome & Introduction
10.30		Prof Graham Richards (U. of Oxford & Oxford Molecular)
11.00		Dr Joe Howard (Applied Extrusion Technologies Ltd.)
12.00		Dr Kevin Ray (Horsell)
12.30		Lunch & Posters
14.15		Prof Nick Quirke (U. of Wales, Bangor)
14.45		Prof Dominic Tildesley (U. of Southampton)
15.15		Prof Rod Hubbard (U. of York)
15.45		Dr Mike Stapleton (MSI)
16.15		PANEL DISCUSSION	
17.00		CLOSE	

Registration Fee: 
RSC & Modelling Group Members GBP 30.00, Others GBP 40.00

Contact:
Dr John Kendrick, ICI Wilton, Middlesborough TS90 8JE
Phone: 01642-437994  Fax: 01642-432244 
E-mail: [email-masked]