Subject: sofwtare for review

From: "Stephen R. Heller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 14:33:27 -0500 (EST)

10 November, 1997

Subject:  Computer Software for Review

	As the Software Review Editor for the ACS Journal of Chemical 
Information and Computer Science (JCICS) I often get software for review 
in the journal.   I have one (1) new software products. I am looking for 
a person who is willing to review this software product.  In return for 
the review which is published in JCICS you get to keep the software or 
database.  The review should be completed in 1-3 months.  The length of 
the review is 4-10 double spaced typed pages.  Sample reviews can be 
found in most of the recent issues of JCICS.

	Please try to give me some (short) reason to choose you over 
another person. 

	I have tried this approach for about the past five years and it 
is working reasonably well. (REMINDER: For those who haven't finished 
your reviews of software sent months and months ago, this last sentence 
does not apply to you!)  As a result, I am continuing this new method to 
find reviewers using this e-mail/user group system.  I reserve the right 
to abandon this if it is a problem, or inappropriate.  I will not notify 
people if I have found a reviewer.  If you don't hear from me within a 
few days I have chosen someone else to review the particular package.

	As I get many, many, (too many) replies to this message, please 
do not respond after 12 November 1997 (Wednesday), as I am sure the software 
will be gone by then.

	I can be reached on Internet ([email-masked]).

	PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE AN STREET ADDRESS, PHONE, and FAX 
NUMBER!!!	 (I usually send the software by Federal Express.)  
Without this information I WILL NOT consider your request.

	Steve Heller

The package I now have is:

1. Life Science Workbench 1.0/Data Analysis Toolkit for Windows95/NT or 
Macintosh from MDL.

Steve Heller, NIST
Bldg. 221, Room A111
Gaithersburg, MD 20899 USA
Phone: 301-975-3338 or 2204  FAX: 301-975-3670
E-mail:  [email-masked]
WWW:     www.hellers.com/~steve