Subject: Cerius2 SDK training workshop, Dec 1-2, Philadelphia

From: Ton van Daelen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 12:46:26 +0000

Dear CCLers -
This workshop might be of interest to some of you. 
Regards - Ton

Software Developer's Kit Training Workshop

Molecular Simulations will be offering a two day workshop on the Cerius2
software developer's kit (SDK) at Silicon Graphics Computer System's (near)
Philadelphia office on December 1-2. This event is aimed at scientists and
programmers developing chemistry applications. Both novices and expert
users of MSI products are invited. The course is limited to 20 participants.

The first day will cover the basics of code development using the SDK.
Attendees will learn how to add a graphical front-end to in-house codes to
facilitate the process of setting up a calculation and analyzing results.
On the second day attendees can work on a realistic application in
collaboration with MSI's SDK training staff. This is a very practically
oriented workshop targeted towards delivering a working interface to an
external program by the end of the course. 

Monday, December 1, 10am-5pm

     Cerius2 architecture 
     SDK tool set 
     User interface design 
     Command processing 
     API subsystems: 
          Algorithms 
          Data model 
          Plotting 
          Tables 
          Graphics 
     Packaging and distribution 

Tuesday, December 2, 9am-4pm

     Scripting capabilities in Cerius2 
     Debugging Fortran, C and C++ SDK code 
     Integrating Quantum and MM applications 
     Writing customized descriptors 
     Mini project on topic of choice

A sign up sheet can be found at MSI's web site:
http://www.msi.com/info/training/training_sdk.html

  Ton van Daelen, Ph.D.    Product Manager Software Developer's Kit
           
       __o                                        E: [email-masked]
     _`\<,_          Molecular Simulations, Inc   P: -1-619-546-5329
    (*)/ (*)         9685 Scranton Road           F: -1-619-458-0136
  /\/\/\/\/\/\       San Diego, CA 92121          W: http://www.msi.com

Check out What's New in SDK on the SDK web pages at
http://www.msi.com/support/sdk/

The example application library now contains new SDK applications dealing
with plotting,
trajectory animation, and conformational searching.