

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best example for a main-chain rearrangement upon binding IMHO is the
case of Fab50.1, a HIV-1 neutralizing antibody (cf.R.L. Stanfield and I. A.
Wilson, Trends in Biotechnology, July 1994 (vol 12), 275-9)). Here a
main-chain RMSD of 5.3 Angstrom, corresponding to a scissor-like movement
of V_l with respect to V_h is observed.

In the case of protein-small molecule binding, I somehow have the
thrombin-hirudin case in my mind (you might have to check this,
though...). 

Looking forward to hearing from you. Best regards,

	Lutz Ehrlich

---------------------
Lutz Ehrlich

Structural Biology
EMBL
Meyerhofstr. 1
D-69012 Heidelberg
Germany

email: [email-masked]
web  : http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/~ehrlich
phone: +49-6221-387-140
fax  : +49-6221-387-517
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------