

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ligand binding domain of Nuclear Receptors (NRs) is an interesting case to
study. The crystal structure of unliganded and liganded ligand binding domains
are available (These is the so called steroid/thyroid hormone superfamily).
Ligand binding induces a important transconformation the active complex is then
able to modulate the transcription of target genes. Relevant references are the
following :
- Bourguet, W.; Ruff, M.; Chambon, P.; Gronemeyer, H.; Moras, D. Crystal
structure of the ligand-binding domain of the human nuclear receptor RXR-alpha.
Nature 1995, 375, 377-382.

- Renaud, J. P.; Rochel, N.; Ruff, M.; Vivat, V.; Chambon, P.; Gronemeyer, H.;
Moras, D. Crystal structure of the RAR-gamma ligand-binding domain bound to
all-trans retinoic acid. Nature 1995, 378, 681-689.

- Wagner, R. L.; Apriletti, J. W.; McGrath, M. E.; West, B. L.; Baxter, J. D.;
Fletterick, R. J. A structural role for hormone in the thyroid hormone
receptor. Nature 1995, 378, 690-697.

- Wurtz, J. M.; Bourguet, W.; Renaud, J. P.; Vivat, V.; Chambon, P.; Moras, D.;
Gronemeyer, H. A canonical structure for the ligand-binding domain of nuclear
receptors [published erratum appears in Nat Struct Biol 1996 Feb; 3(2):206].
Nat. Struct. Biol. 1996, 3, 87-94.

Friendly,

-- 

				WURTZ Jean-Marie

________________________________________________________________________
IGBMC               			E-mail : [email-masked] 
Laboratoire de Biologie Structurale	Phone :  (33) 3 88 65 35 29
Parc d'Innovation			Fax :	 (33) 3 88 65 32 01
1, rue Laurent Fries, BP 163
67404 ILLKIRCH, CU STRASBOURG
France    
________________________________________________________________________
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------