Subject: Re: Basis sets for Sn?: downloadable from EMSL website

From: [email-masked] (Han Zuilhof)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 15:02:47 +0100

At 12:18 PM 11/24/97, Isabel Rozas wrote:
>Hi there!
>I am looking for basis sets for Sn. I found the STO-3G and
>the 3-21G basis sets but I would need something a little
>bigger.
>Does anybody know where I can get them?  or Does anybody
>have them available somewhere?
>Thanks in advance,
>
>                Isabel Rozas
Dear Isabel,

A more substantial double zeta DFT basis set is available for Sn on the
EMSL website, from which it can be downloaded.
http://wserv1.dl.ac.uk:800/emsl_pnl/basisform.html

I've recently started to use it, and it yields nice results, which deviate
significantly from the 3-21G** basis.

Best regards,
Han Zuilhof

______________________________________________________________________
Han Zuilhof                         |  E-mail:  [email-masked]
Laboratory of Organic Chemistry     |  FAX   :  31-317-484914
Department of Biomolecular Sciences |  phone :  31-317-482367
Wageningen Agricultural University  |
Dreijenplein 8                      |
6703 HB  Wageningen                 |    "Excite a photochemist!"
The Netherlands                     |