Subject: Chemistry on beowulf systems?

From: Chris Harwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 15:26:14 -0600 (CST)

hello,

	Are there any chemists out there who are using a beowulf cluster 
of pcs type of system for computing? 
	We are trying to gather some information about software success 
stories and hardware choices for chemistry applications.

	Has anyone used gamess, gaussian, or Wien FLAPW on such a system?
	What hardware choices did you make (processor. motherboard, mem, 
hard disk, ethernet/fast/atm)?
	What compiler did you use (gcc f2c, g77)?
	What OS/Distribution did you use (linux/ redhat or debian?)
	Any hindsight tempered suggestions to someone considering building such a 
system?

Chris Harwell
[email-masked]
Chemistry 
Louisiana State University

"Everything positive originates in a positive attitude from someone" :>