Subject: gOpenMol 1.0 available

From: Leif Laaksonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 14:07:15 +0200 (GFT Standard Time)

Dear CCL members,

The version 1.0 of the molecular display and analysis program gOpenMol
is now available at:

http://laaksonen.csc.fi/gopenmol/

gOpenMol is now available for:

  * Windows 95/NT
  * SGI IRIX 6.x with MESA
  * IBM AIX 4.x with MESA

and (hopefully next week) for
  * LINUX with MESA
  * DEC/OSF with MESA

This release has added input coordinate filters for Gromos96, Tinker and
UHBD qcd input coordinate files.

gOpenMol can also now read and analyse the Gromos96 and Tinker formatted
coordinate trajectories.

Several help programs are also available in the utility/ directory.
There are programs for:

   * formatting and unformatting of CHARMM trajectories
   * formatting and unformatting of plt files (gOpenMol plot files)
   * conversion of UHBD formatted and unformatted .psi
     files to plt files to be displayed by gOpenMol
   * unformatting of formatted AMBER trajectories
   * and many more

Please report all bugs and comments directly to me.

Have fun!

Regards,

-leif laaksonen

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Center for Scientific Computing    | Phone:      358 9 4572378
P.O. Box 405                       | Mobile:     358 400425203
FIN-02101 Espoo                    | Telefax:    358 9 4572302
FINLAND                            | Mail:  [email-masked]
-------- URL: http://laaksonen.csc.fi/leif.laaksonen.html ---------