Subject: FlexX -- software for automatic ligand docking available

From: Matthias Rarey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 12:48:54 +0100 (MET)

Dear Colleague,

FlexX is a fully automated receptor-ligand docking program, whose
development started approximately five years ago in a cooperation
between pharmaceutical industry in Germany and GMD.

The FlexX method and some results obtained with the software have been
published in a series of four papers:

Rarey, Wefing, Lengauer; J.Comput.-Aided Mol.Design 10 pages 41--54, 1996
Rarey, Kramer, Lengauer, and Klebe; J.Mol.Biol. 261 pages 470--489, 1996
Rarey, Kramer, Lengauer; J.Comput.-Aided Mol.Design 11 pages 369--384, 1997
Kramer, Rarey, Lengauer; PROTEINS: Struct., Funct., and Genet., in press
  (CASP-2 issue)

Currently and for a limited time period, GMD-SCAI offers a demo 
license for evaluating FlexX free-of-charge. The license covers the 
full functionality of FlexX and will be valid until 1st February 1998. 
More information can be found on:

http://cartan.gmd.de/FlexX.html

        Matthias Rarey