Subject: Pt(IV) pi-complexes

From: "Ananikov V.P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 19:41:10 -0800

Dear CCl,

  I am looking for the information concerning Pt(IV) pi-complexes.
There is a statement in the experimental literature that Pt(IV) is 
not capable to form stable pi-complexes.

  I know many theoretical works about Pt(II) and Pt(0) pi-complexes
and nothing about Pt(IV).
Is Pt(IV) capable to form pi-complexes from the theoretical point of
view?

I appreciate receiving references about the calculations of Pt(IV) 
pi-complexes(good up to date references on comparative study of
Pt(0) and Pt(II) pi-complexes are also of interest).

Thank you in advance!

I'll summarize.

best wishes,
Valentin.

===============================================================
Valentin P. Ananikov

NMR Laboratory
N.D. Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry
Leninsky Prospect 47
Moscow  117913, Russia

                                    e-mail: [email-masked]
                       http://nmr1.ioc.ac.ru/Staff/AnanikovVP/
                                        Fax     (7095) 1355328 
                        Phone   (7095) 9383536, (7095) 1359094