Subject: Java Beans for Chemists

From: Peter Tebbutt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 15:35:33 +0000

Dear CCLers

Beta Testers Required

Cherwell Scientific Publishing are pleased to announce the latest
development of the popular ChemSymphony software - ChemSymphony Beans.

We are looking for beta-testers for our soon-to-be 'released', and by this
message 'announced', suite: ChemSymphony Beans.

ChemSymphony Beans is a collection of classes, images and additional
resources for developing applications which use chemical structural
information. The ChemSymphony Beans collection provides developers with a
toolkit which will be especially useful in building corporate intranets
linking databases, chemistry programs, and network resources. It will also
be useful to chemistry software developers who wish to develop applications
which build on the ChemSymphony architecture. All the components have an
open interface which makes it easy to connect them to other JavaBeans
components. 

ChemSymphony Beans should be of interest to anyone who wants to find out
what JavaBeans can do for Chemistry. You are welcome to browse the draft
documentation at:

http://www.cherwell.com/CSBeans

We wish to hear from any Java-experienced chemists who would be able to
beta-test and report on these Beans in the next month. The Beans should be
ready for beta-testing by December 5. We would like reports from testers by
December 25.

ChemSymphony Beans includes all the functionality to be found in the
ChemSymphony suite on our www site. It also includes Beans for sketching 2D
structures, for presenting multiple structures on the page (a Marquee
panel), a cool tool (a Template Factory) for customising Marquees so as to
incorporate heterogenous streams of data from database searches etc., new
filters and explanations of how to write more filters and plenty more Beans.
Best of all JavaBeans could be the promised land of software development:
hooking these beans together is labor-saving, fun and easy!

Please reply to [email-masked] if you wish to be included in the
beta-test program. Please mention any relevant experience that will help
you to beta-test for us.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Peter Tebbutt

---
             ---
   Peter Tebbutt                   |  e-mail:  [email-masked]
     Product Analyst                 |  Tel:     +44 (0)1865 784812
     Cherwell Scientific Publishing  |  Fax:     +44(0)1865 784801
     Oxford OX4 4GA, UK              |  URL:     http://www.cherwell.com
---
              ---
---  Check Out ChemSymphony         - -          JARS Top 1% Web Applet   ---
---  http://www.chemsymphony.com    - -          http://www.jars.com      ---
---
               ---