Subject: Re: CCL:MJS Dewar died October 10

From: Armel Le Bail <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 16:36:22 +0100

Willie,

>I took a quick look of the list and surprised to find that Allinger, NL
>is not on the list. I know that his paper on MM2/MM3 are widely cited.

Allinger is on the list together with Pople and Dewar :

                           Avrg cite     Total articles    Total citations
  Pople JA          79.80             176                    14044
  Dewar MJS      81.52             119                     9701
  Allinger NL     26.06             138                     3593

Note that Physics journals as defined by ISI are not 
considered (see notes by the analyst, D. Pendlebury).

I have made accessible the complete list of ISI's 10858 Most
Cited Chemists (with the ISI benediction) via a cgi-script motor
search by author name at :
   http://pcb4122.univ-lemans.fr/cgi-bin/perl.exe?chimistes.pl

Don't tell to anybody, shhh (I bought the list 1000 US$ in
association with a group of french chemists :-) otherwise my
small PC server will explode.

Armel

Armel Le Bail - Universite du Maine - Laboratoire des Fluorures
CNRS UPRESA 6010 - Avenue O. Messiaen - 72085 Le Mans cedex 9 - France
Web : http://fluo.univ-lemans.fr:8001/