Subject: Summary:Literature about excited electronic states-II

From: Visnja Simek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 18:41:40 -0800

Hi again!

The previous question was certainly too general (Summary:Literature
about excited electronic states-I). More precisely, the excited states
of
molecules are objects I have started to cope with recently. Since one or
two good books would be of great help, I have made search over the net.
The list of books I have found is given below. I would be very thankful
if you can strongly recommend some of the books on the basis of your own
experiece. Thanks, people!

                  	  Best regards,
                                                Visnja

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VCH, New York:
Kavarnos, G. J. ,Fundamentals of Photoinduced Electron Transfer, 1993.
VIII, 358 pages, 132 figures, 31 tables. Hardcover. ,DM 132.00. ISBN
3-527-27856-7 (VCH, New York)

Ramamurthy, V.,Photochemistry in Organized and Constrained Media,1991.
XVI, 875 pages with 283 figures, 6 in color, and 67 tables.
Hardcover.,DM 245.00. ISBN 3-527-27936-9 (VCH, New York)

Michl, J., Thulstrup, E.W. Spectroscopy with Polarized Light, Solute
Alignment by Photoselection, Liquid Crystals, Polymers, and Membranes ,
1995. XVI, 576 pages with 139 figures. Softcover. ,DM 98.00. ISBN
1-56081-910-3 (VCH, New York)

Klessinger, M., Michl, J.,Excited States and Photo-chemistry of Organic
Molecules ,1995. XXIV, 537 pages, 246 figures, 24 tables. Hardcover.,DM
145.00. ISBN 1-56081-588-4 (VCH, New York)

Kavarnos, G. J.,Fundamentals of Photoinduced Electron Transfer,1993.
VIII, 358 pages, 132 figures, 31 tables. Hardcover. ,DM 132.00. ISBN
3-527-27856-7 (VCH, New York)

Highly Excited Molecules: Relaxation, Reaction, and Structure; ACS
Symposium, Series No. 678; Mullin, A. S and Schatz, G. C., Editors;
ISBN: 0-8412-3534-1; Catalog No. 3534-1-419; Due November 1997; 344
pages; Clothbound; $110.95.

Photochemistry, Volume 27; The Royal Society of Chemistry: Specialist
Periodical Report; Gilbert, A., Senior Reporter; ISBN: 0-85404-4051;
Catalog No. 4405-1-419; Published December 1996; 480 pages; Clothbound;
$341.00.

Molecular Distortions in Ionic and Excited States , Editors - Peter V.
Schastnev, Institute of Chemical Kinetics and Combustion, Russian
Academy of Sciences and Lyudmila N. Shchegoleva Novosibirsk Institute of
Organic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences Catalog number 4579WGBA 
August 1995, 192 pp., ISBN: 0-8493-4579-0, U.S. $219.00 / Outside U.S.
$263.00

Photodegradation of Water Pollutants, Martin M. Halmann, Professor
Emeritus, Department of Environmental Science and Energy Research,
Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel 
Catalog number 2459 December 1995, 320 pp., ISBN: 0-8493-2459-9 U.S.
$79.95// Outside U.S. $96.00

ELSEVIER:
Photochromism, 1990, Molecules and Systems, H. Dürr, Universität des
Saarlandes, Saarbrücken, BRDand H. Bouas-Laurent, Université de Bordeaux
1, Talence, France

Photo-reactive Materials for Ultrahigh Density Optical Memory, 1994,
MITI Research and Development Program on Basic Technologies for Future
Industries, M. Irie, Kyushu University, Institute of Advanced Material
Study, Fukuoka, Japan

Photochemistry, 1997, G. Gauglitz

Electronic Absorption Spectra of Radical Ions, T. Shida, Dept. of
Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan, 1988,
ISBN: 0-444-43035-0 xiv + 446 pages Price: Order form NLG 702.00 US$
403.50

Dynamics of Excited Molecules, Kozo Kuchitsu, Department of Chemistry,
Josai University, Sakado, 350-02 Japan 1994, ISBN: 0-444-81796-4 630
pages Price: Order form NLG 551.00 US$ 316.50

Electron Tunneling in Chemistry, R.F. Khairutdinov, K.I. Zamaraev and
V.P. Zhadanov, 1989, ISBN: 0-444-87364-3 xiv + 360 pages Price: Order
form NLG 550.00 US$ 316.00

The Formation and Decay of Excited Species, C.H. Bamford, C.F.H. Tipper
and  R.G. Compton, 1969, ISBN: 0-444-40802-9 xii + 300 pages  Price:
Order form  NLG 420.00  US$ 241.50

Academic Press:
SBN: 0123943205, Title: Organic Photochemistry:,Author: Professor
Jacques Kagan, University of Illinois, U Imprint: Academic Press,
Published: April 1993,US Price: $76.00

ISBN: 0124177557, Title: Photobiology,Author: KOHEN/HIRSCHBERG
,Published: August 1995,US Price: $74.00

ISBN: 0122086619, Title: The Photosynthetic Reaction Center (Vol 1)
Author: J. Deisenhofer & J. Norris Cover Imprint: Academic Press,
Published: July 1993, US Price: $100.00

PRENTICE HALL

Quantum Chemistry And Molecular Spectroscopy, 1/e Clifford E. Dykstra,
Purdue University, Published October, 1991 by Prentice Hall,Engineering,
Science & Math, Copyright 1992, 480 pp.ISBN 0-13-747312-5

Quantum Mechanics in Chemistry, 1/e,George C. Schatz, Northeastern
University, Mark A. Ratner, Northeastern University Published January,
1993 by Prentice Hall, Engineering, Science & Math Copyright 1993, 352
pp.,ISBN 0-13-747585-3

Molecular Spectroscopy, 1/e, Jeanne L. McHale, University of Idaho,
Coming December, 1997 from Prentice Hall Engineering, Science & Math,
Copyright 1998, 352 pp.,ISBN 0-13-229063-4

Chemical Reactions in Clusters, Edited by Elliot R. Bernstein, Professor
and Associate Chairman, Department of Chemistry, Colorado State
,University 270 pages, numerous line figures, tables, 234mm x 156mm
Series: Topics in Physical Chemistry Imprint: OUP USA Publication date:
July 1996 Hardback, 0-19-509004-7 UK Price: £37.95

Photochemistry, Carol E. Wayne and Richard P. Wayne, University Lecturer
in Chemistry, University of Oxford , Affordable for undergraduates
Relevant, interesting and useful examples of applications in everyday
life Introduces an important topic and relates it to other core
chemistry areas such as kinetics spectroscopy and symmetry 96 pages, 50
black and white line figures, 246mm x 189mm Series: Oxford Chemistry
Primers Publication date: May 1996Paperback, 0-19-855886-4 UK Price:
£5.99

Spectra of Atoms and Molecules Peter F. Bernath, Department of
Chemistry, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada Clear and thorough
textbook  Emphasises the fundamental principles of spectroscopy Large
number of excellent problems Includes many diagrams and illustrations
412 pages, numerous line figures, tables, 253mm x 177mm Series: Topics
in Physical Chemistry Imprint: OUP USA Publication date: May 1995
Hardback, 0-19-507598-6 UK Price: £41.95

Unimolecular Reaction Dynamics Theory and Experiments, Tomas Baer,
Professor of Chemistry, University of North Carolina, and William L.
Hase, Professor of Chemistry, Wayne State University Suitable for the
experimentalist and the theorist An excellent supplementary text 446
pages, numerous line figures, tables, 234mm x 156mm Series:
International Series of Monographs on Chemistry Imprint: OUP USA
Publication date: August 1996 Hardback, 0-19-507494-7 UK Price: £55.00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Visnja Simek                        
         Rudjer Boskovic Institute  
HR-10001 Zagreb, CROATIA           
         phone:(385-1) 456 11 46   
fax:(385-1) 27 26 48                
         e-mail:[email-masked];
[email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~