Subject: Intl Symp. on Power-Law Modelling of Biol. Systems

From: Armindo Salvador <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 15:23:09 +0000

PowBioSys - International Symposium on Power-Law Modelling of Biological Systems
Oeiras (Portugal), October 4-7, 1998

This is the FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT and PRE-REGISTRATION of the
International Symposium on Power-Law Modelling of Biological Systems
- PowBioSys. This symposium is centred on, but not
restricted to, developments of the power-law formalism and on its
applications to biological
problems, from the molecular to the ecological levels.
The following types of contributions are welcome:

* mathematical contributions bearing on or applying the power-law formalism;

* applications of the power-law formalism to biological problems;

* other applications of the power-law formalism (Chemistry, Physics,
Economics, Engineering, etc.);

* contributions that do not involve the power-law formalism but fall
within the scope of the biological themes of the sessions.

The contributions can be presented as seminars, posters, or software
demonstrations.

For more information and preregistration
please visit our homepage at http://www.itqb.unl.pt/sss5/

                                Armindo Salvador
Gr. de Bioquimica e Biologia Teoricas | Lab. de Sistemas Micro-heterogeneos
Instituto Rocha Cabral                | Inst. de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica
Cc. Bento da Rocha Cabral, 14         | Apartado 127
P-1250 LISBOA                         | P-2780 OEIRAS
Portugal