Subject: International Symposium from MSI

From: "Mark C. Wahle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:49:11 -0600

Molecular Simulations announces a major International Symposium, "New
Approaches in Pharmaceutical Development".  This event will be held on
February 19th and 20th, 1998, in San Diego, California.

The Symposium will comprise lectures and discussion sessions involving
leading researchers in this rapidly developing field. Speakers will include
Professors Bennema, Desiraju, Karfunkel, Morris, and Myerson.  Poster
sessions will provide further opportunities to present and review current
research.  A reception and dinner will allow informal interaction with
fellow attendees and speakers.

The main topics will be new computational and experimental techniques
relevant to the crystallization and formulation of organic compounds.  The
event will be of interest to anyone involved in pharmaceutical development,
as well as researchers and managers in industries such as agrochemicals,
pigments, explosives, and other fine chemicals.  The focus will be on the
practical use of simulation to solve problems of commercial significance in
areas such as polymorphism and control of crystal morphology.  Speakers
will describe new approaches that address these issues and discuss active
research aimed at optimizing and improving current methodology.

This Symposium will be held immediately after the first worldwide meeting
of MSIs Pharmaceutical Development Consortium.  The Consortium brings
together commercial research organizations, MSIs expert staff, and a panel
of academic advisors to drive a research program focused on developing
simulation methods to address problems in pharmaceutical development and
formulation.  As well as benefiting from the Symposium, attendees have the
opportunity to interact with Consortium members and advisors.

Registration for the Symposium is free of charge and includes lunches, a
reception during the poster session, and the Symposium dinner.  The venue
will be the Princess Resort Island in Mission Bay, San Diego, which
combines an idyllic setting with state-of-the-art facilities and services.

Attendees are cordially invited to present their work at the poster
session.  If you are interested in attending, please contact Deborah Kelso
at MSIs headquarters in San Diego ([email-masked]). Further details will be
posted at MSIs web site,
http://www.msi.com/info/consortia/pdc/Symposium.html.

----------------------------------------------------------
Mark C. Wahle, Ph.D.         |  Phone: WORK (314) 849-5852
PDC Applications Scientist   |         FAX  (314) 849-5863
Molecular Simulations Inc.   |  Email: [email-masked]
9641 Chancelorsville Drive   |  Web:   http://www.msi.com
St. Louis, MO 63126          |
----------------------------------------------------------