Subject: continuous distributions of relaxation time

From: Peter Tieleman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 19:40:26 +0100

In Comput. Phys. Commun. 27, 213 (1982) Provencher describes a program
CONTIN that does all kinds of fits using the principle of
parsimony. The program can be used to fit decay functions to a
distribution of decay times where simple 2 or 3 parameter fits are
impossible. 

Does anyone know if this program is still around, if it has been
translated to fortran 77 (or something newer than fortran 4), and if
there is a good alternative?

There is a entry CONTIN in netlib but that does something
else. Failing information on this program, is there software available
to do fitting to noisy decay functions? 

I'd appreciate any help. 
regards,

Peter Tieleman

-- 
email:          [email-masked]  adress: Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry
telephone:      31-50-3634338		      Nijenborgh 4
fax:            31-50-3634800                 9747 AG Groningen
                                              The Netherlands