Subject: Compress/Uncompress/TAR for NT or MsW3.11

From: "M. Nicklaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 21:25:01 -0500 (EST)

On Dec 16,  2:03am, John McKelvey wrote:
> Can anyone point me to  utilities for either W3.11 or WNT4.0 that
> perform the equivalent of the Unix Compress/Uncompress and TAR
> functionalities?

There are many programs out there in the shareware domain that do
Unix compress/uncompress, tar, gzip/gunzip, uuencode/uudecode etc.
on DOS and/or W3.11 (and probably also on WNT4.0).  For further 
pointers check out for example
http://www.isjm.com/tst/tar.htm
http://ftp.arnes.si/simtel.net/
If you peruse your favorite Web Search Engine with a search such
as "(tar OR compress) AND (DOS OR Windows) AND shareware" you'll
get many more links.

Hope this helps.

Marc

------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Marc C. Nicklaus                        National Institutes of Health
 E-mail: [email-masked]               Bldg 37, Rm 5B29
 Phone:  (301) 402-3111                  BETHESDA, MD 20892-4255    USA
 Fax:    (301) 496-5839    
      http://rex.nci.nih.gov/RESEARCH/basic/medchem/mcnbio.htm
    Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, National Cancer Institute,  &
  Lab. of Structural Biology, Div. of Computer Research and Technology
------------------------------------------------------------------------