Subject: Final Announcement: MSI Symposium

From: "Mark C. Wahle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 14:11:14 -0800

*** Second and Final Announcement ***

Molecular Simulations announces a major International Symposium, "New
Approaches in Pharmaceutical Development".  This event will be held on
February 19th and 20th, 1998, in San Diego, California.

As shown below in the Symposium program, the main topics will be new
computational and experimental techniques relevant to the crystallization
and formulation of organic compounds.  The event will be of interest to
anyone involved in pharmaceutical development, as well as researchers and
managers in industries such as agrochemicals, pigments, explosives, and
other fine chemicals.

This Symposium will be held immediately after the first worldwide meeting
of MSI’s Pharmaceutical Development Consortium.  The Consortium brings
together commercial research organizations, MSI’s expert staff, and a panel
of academic advisors to drive a research program focused on developing
simulation methods to address problems in pharmaceutical development and
formulation.

Registration for the Symposium is free of charge and includes lunches,
reception, and the Symposium dinner.  The venue will be the Princess Resort
Island in Mission Bay, San Diego, which combines an idyllic setting with
state-of-the-art facilities and services.

Attendees are cordially invited to present their work at the poster
session.  If you are interested in attending, please contact Deborah Kelso
at MSI’s headquarters in San Diego (fax +1 (619) 458-0136, or e-mail
[email-masked]).  Further details will be posted at MSI’s web site,
http://www.msi.com/info/consortia/pdc/Symposium.html.

NEW APPROACHES IN PHARMACEUTICAL DEVELOPMENT

Thursday 19 February 1998
9:00		Opening
9:15	Dr. Stephen Byrn, Purdue University, USA
	Solid State Chemistry - Regulations and Reactions
10:30		Coffee Break
11:00	Dr. William David and Dr. Kenneth Shankland,
	Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, UK
	Crystal Structure Determination from Powder Diffraction Data
12:15		Lunch
13:45	Dr. Gautam Desiraju, Hyderabad University, India
	Relevance of Crystal Engineering and Molecular Modeling in 
	Pharmaceutical Industry
15:00		Tea Break
15:30	Dr. Heinrich Karfunkel, Tübingen University, Germany
	Polymorph Prediction and Beyond
16:45		Poster Session and Reception
19:30		Symposium Dinner

Friday 20 February 1998
9:00	Dr. Peter York, Bradford University, UK
	Modeling of Particle Surfaces -
	Applications in Drug Delivery Design
10:15		Coffee Break
10:30	Dr. Kenneth Morris, Purdue University, USA
	Identifying Morphology Based Flow Differences Using 
	Cerius2, X-ray Diffraction and Microscopy
11:45		Lunch
13:15	Dr. Piet Bennema, Nijmegen Univ., the Netherlands
	Advanced Morphology Analysis Tools - 
	The Importance of Connected Nets
14:30		Tea Break
14:45	Dr. Allan Myerson, Brooklyn Polytechnic, USA
	Thermodynamic and Spectroscopic Studies of 
	Supersaturated Solutions
16:00		Break
16:15		Round Table Discussion
17:30		Close

-----------------------------------------------------------
 Mark C. Wahle, Ph.D.         |  Phone: (314) 842-5852
 PDC Applications Scientist   |  Fax:   (314) 842-5863
 Molecular Simulations Inc.   |  Email: [email-masked]
 9641 Chancelorsville Drive   |  Web:   http://www.msi.com
 St. Louis, MO 63126          |
-----------------------------------------------------------