Subject: md rookie update

From: root <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 22:55:13 +0300 (MSK)

I'd like to share several resources I came across the Internet.

Making XPLOR topology files:
http://mycroft.mmid.ualberta.ca:8080/us-to-you/tips/topology/main.html
(now also mirrored at
 http://liposome.genebee.msu.su/psf-howto.html ) You'll probably need
XPLOR, though.
The VMD (a trajectory viz package) home page
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
NAMD (parallel OO MD)
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/
The EGO (parallel MD) codes:
ftp://ftp.imo.physik.uni-muenchen.de/pub/ego/
(if your browser can't do frames also under
http://www.imo.physik.uni-muenchen.de/tavan/tavan.html )
Information about running Fortran codes under Linux
http://studbolt.physast.uga.edu/templon/fortran.html
The Beowulf Project (a parallel Linux supercomputer)
http://www.beowulf.org
Molecular Biology related programs for Linux:
http://evolution.bmc.uu.se/~thomas/mol_linux/index.html
Chemistry, Biology & Related (for Linux)
http://ftp.llp.fu-berlin.de/lsoft/Z/2/

The dcd trajectory format is machine-dependant; there is a other-endian
filter out there which I haven't been able to get to work, however.

ciao,
Eugene Leitl