Subject: molecule-drawing software ?

From: "XIE, NING" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 10:26:22 -0600 (CST)

Hi, again,
I'm wondering if anybody can tell me where I can find a free or
shareware for molecule-drawing so that I can draw a molecule and 
save it as pdb file that can then be opened in Gaussian? I am
currently using hyperchem for this purpose. I'm going to move to
another institute where only Gaussian is available. It is too
difficult to write z-matrix files by yourself for large molecules.
Any suggestion is welcome and thank you for your help.
ning

---

From: "Dr. Bruno Manunza" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 23:12:40 +0100 (NFT)

> Any suggestion is welcome and thank you for your help.

Dear Ning,
	you may try molgen for MSDOS it's free at:

ftp://www.ccl.net/pub/chemistry/software/MS-DOS/molgen/

Hope it helps
bye
Bruno

Dr Bruno Manunza
DISAABA (Dept. of Agricultural Environm. Sci)
University of Sassari
V.le Italia 39
07100 Sassari, ITALY
phone: 39 79 229215
fax:   39 79 229276
e-mail: [email-masked]
e-mail: [email-masked]
e-mail: [email-masked]
web: http://antas.agraria.uniss.it

---

From: Nick DeMello <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 16:20:40 -0700

It's not freeware/shareware, but I find the commercial
      product "Chem3D" from CamSoft <http://www.camsoft.com>
      is an excellant tool for this job.  Basically, it's
      a swiss army knife for computational chemists--very
      flexible with a wealth of molecular structure reading,
      visualizing, manipulating, and saving tools.  Hope this
      helps,

______________

>Any suggestion is welcome and thank you for your help.

____Nicholas C. DeMello, Ph.D.________________________________________
  Editor of MacTech Magazine, for Mac OS Developers and Programmers
     http://www.MacTech.com/
                                       _/   _/  _/  _/_/_/   _/   _/
  Chemistry: [email-masked]       _/_/ _/  _/  _/   _/  _/_/_/
    MacTech: [email-masked]      _/ _/_/  _/  _/       _/ _/
       http://www.chem.ucla.edu/~nick/   _/  _/   _/_/_/  _/   _/