Subject: Second European Workshop in Drug Design

From: "Prof. Maurizio Botta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 1996 16:11:09 +0100

Second European Workshop in Drug Design

           May 17-24, 1998 - Certosa di Pontignano, Siena (Italy)

The University of Siena is pleased to announce the Second European Workshop
in Drug Design, to be held in Certosa di Pontignano (Siena), Italy, from May
17-24, 1998 and co-sponsored by Molecular Simulations, Inc., and Silicon
Graphics,  Inc. This workshop, which follows up the very successful First
European Workshop in Drug Design, held in Cortona on  May 1995, will feature
20 well known researchers from the pharmaceutical industry, including
directors of research,  working with a total of 45 workshop participants.
Participants will be divided into two teams, each team led by a tutor, and
will focus on solving concrete problems in drug design using high level
hardware and software tools, including 20 workstations and a server
contributed by Silicon Graphics. Talks and case studies will be
interdisciplinary, touching upon molecular biology, site directed drug
design, combinatorial chemistry, metabolism, and synthetic feasibility.

The following scientists have already agreed to give lectures:
D. Agrafiotis, R. Bohacek, G. Bolis, G. Cruciani, G. Folkers, P. Goodford,
H.-D. Hoeltje, T. Hubbard, H. Kubinyi, A. Lesk, G.R. Marshall, E. Martin,
T.I. Oprea, J. Snyder, A. Tafi, J.P. Tollenaere, A. Tramontano, E. Walters.

With the purpose to stimulate helpful discussions, attendees will be invited
to present in poster format their own research  problems.

Participation in the Second European Workshop in Drug Design is limited to
45 applicants, selected on the basis of  individual experience. To apply,
please submit your name, address, affiliation, and primary area of research,
along with a  curriculum vitae, by fax or mail to:

Second European Workshop in Drug Design, Universita' di Siena, Prof. Maurizio Botta
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico Tecnologico, Banchi di Sotto, 55 - 53100 Siena, Italy
Fax: +39-577-298183

Fee for participation is U.S. $ 2,300 and includes all meals and hotel
accommodation in two-bed rooms for seven nights.  Some financial aid will be
available for applicants.

           Deadline for receiving applications is March 31, 1998.

For further information, see:
http://www.unisi.it/ateneo/convegni/advertise.html

SCIENTIFIC-ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

Prof. Maurizio Botta, University of Siena
Prof. Federico Corelli, University of Siena
Prof. Gerd Folkers, ETH, Zuerich
Prof. James P. Snyder, Emory University, Atlanta

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Dr. Maurizio Botta
Dip. Farmaco Chimico Tecnologico
Universita' di Siena
Banchi di Sotto, 55
53100 Siena, Italy
e-mail: [email-masked]
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>