Subject: modeling of non-homologous protein segs

From: Francois Sampieri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 12:09:12 +0100 (MET)

Dear CCLers,

We have had some success in modeling short 64-66 proteins for which 3D
structure of templates are known. Presently our problem is when
modeling these proteins showing few (4-5) extra residues at the N- or
C-termini; obviously, these residues are inaccurately predicted by
homology modeling programs.
Could anyone suggest a more appropriate method and program for modeling
these extra segments? I will summarize.

Thanks to all!

Francois Sampieri

===========================
Francois Sampieri  UMR 6560
Laboratoire de Biochimie, Faculte de Medecine Nord,
Bd Pierre Dramard, 13916 Marseille Cedex 20 FRANCE
Tel: (33) 4 91 69 88 53        Fax: (33) 4 91 65 75 95
     (33) 4 91 96 20 66        E-mail: [email-masked]
                                       [email-masked]