Subject: CCL archive mirror search form update

From: root <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 18:04:46 +0300 (MSK)

Dear CCLers,

while browsing the logs of the recent archive searches I noticed that
Webglimpse's somewhat deviant query syntax made some problems in a few
cases.  Because of this I put up a link to a snippet of glimpse's (search
engine used by Webglimpse) man page at the top of the form at

http://liposome.genebee.msu.su/ccl-mirror/wgindex.html

Probably the most frequently used combination is logical and of two
keywords. E.g., to find CCL posts with occurences of both 'protein' and
'modeling' one would use

  protein;modeling

in the abovementioned search form. (The pattern syntax is actually much
more powerful than that, but this should get you started).

I have considered converting the archive with text2html for better
readability, but this would probably break quite a few ASCII tables.  So
far the searches do not impose a significant additional load on my machine
-- you do not need to be _so_ shy ;) Since bandwidth is a scarce commodity
hereabouts (a heavily loaded single GEO sat link, which comes down at
Hamburg, Desy) the search will be probably only of a limited use to
nonlocal users... Comments welcome. 

Regards,
Eugene Leitl