Subject: Re: CCL:EPS files from IsisDraw

From: Jesus Castagnetto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 00:52:40 -0800 (PST)

If you are using a Windows machine, and you already have the IsisDraw 
sketch, when you print, select to print to a file (something similar can
be done in a Mac), and assuming that your printer driver is for a 
postscript printer, you will obtain the file you need.
If you do not have a postscript printer, you can still install the
driver and use it to generate4 the file, check your manual for more
details.
Hope this helps.

=====
            Jesus M. Castagnetto - [email-masked]
TSRI, Dept. of Molecular Biology |"Activation Energy: The useful
10550 N. Torrey Pines Rd. MBP326 | quantity of energy available
       La Jolla, CA 92037        | in one cup of coffee."
       Phone: 619-784-8582           Fax: 619-784-2289
    E-Paper: http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/ectoc/echet96/papers/003/
       Lab: http://www.scripps.edu/pub/dem-web/metallo/

---

From: Per-Ola Norrby <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 07:59:56 +0100

Dear Robert,

>Does anyone know of a free way of generating an Encapsulated PostScript
>(.eps) file from IsisDraw (.skc or .tgf) drawing software? I know that
>some journals accept IsisDraw files directly, but others prefer .eps. This
>would be for a scale picture including several molecules. Thanks in
>advance for any help!

	If you're working on a Mac, there is no problem.  The recent
versions of the standard LaserWriter-driver will let you save the output of
ANY program in EPS format.  Just choose the normal printout and set the
destination to archive instead of printer (you should get access to several
output formats).

	If you happen NOT to have a Mac available, sorry, I don't know...

	Regards,

	Per-Ola Norrby

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 *  Per-Ola Norrby, Associate Professor
 *  The Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, Dept. of Med. Chem.
 *  Universitetsparken 2, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
 *  tel. +45-35376777-506, +45-35370850    fax +45-35372209
 *  Internet: [email-masked], http://compchem.dfh.dk/