Subject: Summary: EPS files from IsisDraw

From: "Robert J. Doerksen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 12:06:00 -0400 (AST)

Dear CCLers,

Thanks for the four replies to my question on how to generate an
Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) file from IsisDraw. Using an
appropriate printer driver (under Printer Setup in IsisDraw), with
Windows 95, I was successfully able to print to an EPS file. The
original question and replies follow, including advice specific to SGI
and Mac platforms.

                                            Yours sincerely,

                                                Robert Doerksen

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 21:50:16 -0400 (AST)
From: "Robert J. Doerksen" <[email-masked]>
To: Computational Chemistry List <[email-masked]>
Subject: CCL:EPS files from IsisDraw

Does anyone know of a free way of generating an Encapsulated PostScript
(.eps) file from IsisDraw (.skc or .tgf) drawing software? I know that 
some journals accept IsisDraw files directly, but others prefer .eps. This
would be for a scale picture including several molecules. Thanks in
advance for any help!

                                            Yours sincerely,

                                                Robert Doerksen

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 00:52:40 -0800 (PST)
From: Jesus Castagnetto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: Re:  CCL:EPS files from IsisDraw

If you are using a Windows machine, and you already have the IsisDraw 
sketch, when you print, select to print to a file (something similar can
be done in a Mac), and assuming that your printer driver is for a 
postscript printer, you will obtain the file you need.
If you do not have a postscript printer, you can still install the
driver and use it to generate the file, check your manual for more
details.
Hope this helps.

=====
            Jesus M. Castagnetto - [email-masked]
TSRI, Dept. of Molecular Biology |"Activation Energy: The useful
10550 N. Torrey Pines Rd. MBP326 | quantity of energy available
       La Jolla, CA 92037        | in one cup of coffee."
       Phone: 619-784-8582           Fax: 619-784-2289
    E-Paper: http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/ectoc/echet96/papers/003/
       Lab: http://www.scripps.edu/pub/dem-web/metallo/

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 22:35:03 +0100
From: Krzysztof Radacki <[email-masked]>
To: "Robert J. Doerksen" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: CCL:EPS files from IsisDraw

Use eps-printer-driver and print from isis to file.
regards
           Krzys Radacki

 _________________________----------------------------------------------------
 -------------------------   e-mail:       [email-masked]  ---
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 21:20:41 -0600 (CST)
From: Dorina Kosztin <[email-masked]>
To: "Robert J. Doerksen" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: CCL:EPS files from IsisDraw

If you have an SGI than using ImageMagic (which is a free program) you 
can convert the .tgf file to .eps

Good luck.

Dorina

P.S. If you don't have an SGI I can convert the picture for you. 

Dorina Kosztin
---------------------------------------------------------
Theoretical Biophysics Group	Email: [email-masked]
Beckman Institute, UIUC		Phone: (217) 244-8946
405 North Mathews Ave.		Fax:   (217) 244-6078
Urbana, IL 61801, USA		http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/
---------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 07:59:56 +0100
From: Per-Ola Norrby <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: CCL:EPS files from IsisDraw

	Dear Robert,

	If you're working on a Mac, there is no problem.  The recent
versions of the standard LaserWriter-driver will let you save the output of
ANY program in EPS format.  Just choose the normal printout and set the
destination to archive instead of printer (you should get access to several
output formats).

	If you happen NOT to have a Mac available, sorry, I don't know...

	Regards,

	Per-Ola Norrby

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 *  Per-Ola Norrby, Associate Professor
 *  The Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, Dept. of Med. Chem.
 *  Universitetsparken 2, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
 *  tel. +45-35376777-506, +45-35370850    fax +45-35372209
 *  Internet: [email-masked], http://compchem.dfh.dk/