Subject: Problems running Spartan with Digital UNIX V4.0B

From: Frank Schaper <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 21:14:43 +0100 (MET)

Dear netters,

after updating our Alpha to Digital UNIX V4.0B (including the Open-GL
Interface) we receive the following error messages, when trying to run
Spartan 4.1.1. :

  spartan/builder error: unable to find visual to support double buffer,
  RGB, Z-buffered rendering.

Do you know of any known problems of Spartan 4.1.1 with Digital
Unix V4.0B and how to fix them ? I've already tried to contact
Wavefunction, but they seem to be busy elsewhere.

Yours

Hein

-------------------------------------------------------------
Frank Schaper   -   Universitaet Konstanz

e-mail : [email-masked]
         [email-masked]
s-mail : F. Schaper - AG Brintzinger - Universitaet Konstanz
         D-78434 Konstanz - Germany