Subject: Polarizabilities of ions in crystals..

From: Andres Aguado <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 11:00:55 +0100

Dear All:

I need to know if there is any experimental (or good theoretical)
determination of the polarizability of ions in ionic crystals.
Specifically, I would like to know the polarizabilities of the
following anions:
F- Cl- Br- I- O-- S-- Se-- Te--

and of the following cations:
Li+ Na+ K+ Rb+ Cs+ Be++ Mg++ Ca++ Sr++ Ba++

in the stoichiometric crystals like LiCl or MgO (all possible
combinations), and in the "nonstoichiometric" crystals like
MgF_2 or Li_2O (also all the known combinations). I would like
to know also the polarizabilities of these ions in the
diatomic molecules.

Any help will be very appreciated. Of course, I will make a 
summary of all the responses received. Thank in advance!!

Andres Aguado
[email-masked]
http:\\jmlopez.fam.cie.uva.es~aguado