Subject: postscript editor

From: [email-masked] (Shin-Inn Chen)
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 16:57:59 +0800

dear netters:
       i need a program that can read the postscript file and modify the 
figure. does any one know where can i download the program like this?
any suggestion will be appreciated.

  e-mail: [email-masked]                                      shin

---

From: Manuel Pereiro Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 17:33:08 +0100 (MET)

>   e-mail: [email-masked]                                      shin  
     Dear shin:

I don't know what's your operating system, but if you use a Mac you can
download the program called photoshop of Adove from:

          ftp.rediris.es

If you use a Pc, you can use a program called  "Paint shop Pro" for Win95.

                                                    best regards.
                                  |||||
                                \\ - - //
                                (  @ @  )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~oOOo-(_)-oOOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                            //
  MANUEL PEREIRO LOPEZ                        ___    ___ _____  _     @
  Estudiante do Terceiro Ciclo               |   \  /   |  _  \| ||
  Departemento de Fisica Aplicada            | |\ \/ /| | | \  | ||
  Grupo de Electromagnetismo                 | ||\  / | | |_/  | ||
  Facultade de Fisica                        | || \/_/| |  ___/| ||
  Universidade de Santiago de Compostela     | ||    /| | ||   | |/___
  15706. Santiago de Compostela. Espanha.    |_|/   //|_|_|/   |______|
  Email: [email-masked]                      //
  Phone: 34-81-563100                     "Namentras un home non ten a testa
  Ext:   4020                             cortada, nada esta totalmente
                                          perdido nel"
                                          ----------Prov.Anamita-----------
                                       0ooo.
                              .ooo0    (   )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(   )~~~~~) /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                               \ (     (_/
                                \_)

---

From: "Dr. Bruno Manunza" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 18:34:41 +0100 (NFT)

> any suggestion will be appreciated.
Dear Shin,
	on UNIX/LINUX, Win and Mac you may use ImageMagick which do exactly 
what you need.

have a look at it at:
http://www.wizards.dupont.com/cristy/ImageMagick.html

Bye
Bruno

Dr Bruno Manunza
DISAABA (Dept. of Agricultural Environm. Sci)
University of Sassari
V.le Italia 39
07100 Sassari, ITALY
phone: 39 79 229215
fax:   39 79 229276
e-mail: [email-masked]
e-mail: [email-masked]
e-mail: [email-masked]
web: http://antas.agraria.uniss.it

---

From: Bruno Bienfait <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 14:58:22 -0500

>   e-mail: [email-masked]                                      shin

The only visual Postscript editor I know (and tried) is Tailor. It first
appeared on NEXTSTEP and has been ported to MacOS. 

See 
http://www.zdnet.com/macuser/mu_0397/reviews/review12.html
for a review.

A demo is available at:
http://www.enfocus.com/ 

See attachment below for a more complete description of the NEXTSTEP
version of the program, which runs on Intel based PCs.

Hopes this can help,

Bruno

[ Bruno Bienfait, Ph. D.            Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry ]
[                                   National Cancer Institute         ]
[ Email : [email-masked]      National Institutes of Health     ]
[ Phone : (301) 402-3111            Building 37, Room 5B20            ]
[ Fax   : (301) 496-5839            Bethesda Maryland 20892 , USA     ]
[ WWW   : http://schiele.organik.uni-erlangen.de/Bruno_Bienfait       ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>From
http://www.peanuts.org/

Tailor Office 2.0d

Visual PostScript Editor

Search the FTP-server for Tailor Office

Description

   * postscript editor.

With Tailor, you can visually edit PostScript documents, effortlessly
and cleanly - no specialized knowledge required at all. You can cut
pieces out of a document and copy them to any other application. Or
recover text paragraphs for use in your favorite word processor. And all
this regardless of the platform the document was generated on.
Tailor offers numerous tools for productive, visual editing, even of the
most complex documents. Tailor Office 2.0 is targeted towards the
general user .

Requirements

NEXTSTEP 3.1 or higher

Architectures

NEXTSTEP
     motorola, intel, hp, sparc
OpenStep
     -
GNUStep
     -
Others
     -

Status

Publication status
     available
Copyright type
     Commercial
Copyright statement
     Copyright 1993/1994 FirstClass NV - All rights reserved

Author

Peter Camps - FirstClass NV
Tel: +32 9 227 62 48
Fax: +32 9 227 15 89
Avennesdreef 32, B-9031 Drongen, Belgium
email: [email-masked]