Subject: Re: CCL:postscript editor

From: Kevin McConnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 18:46:45 -0500

Hi Shin,

	Adobe illustrator (AI) will allow you to read in postscript and edit each
element of the postscript file. The current version of AI 7.0 on the mac
and pc will read in the postscript file directly. AI 5.0 for unix and
windows versions bellow 7.0(I also think mac version bellow 7.0) requires
you to convert the file from .ps to .ai before it can be read in. This can
be done using ghostscript (ps2ai.ps). I have also used Tailor and
IslandDraw which are both very good but are limited with the platforms you
can use it on. Adobe offers special academic pricing which makes it more
affordable. I do not know of any freeware/shareware available which will
allow you to modify a postscript file beyond scaling, rotating and
converting file formats.

Cheers Kevin 

At 02:58 PM 2/9/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Shin-Inn Chen wrote:
>> 
>> dear netters:
>>        i need a program that can read the postscript file and modify the
>> figure. does any one know where can i download the program like this?
>> any suggestion will be appreciated.
>> 
>>   e-mail: [email-masked]                                      shin
>
>The only visual Postscript editor I know (and tried) is Tailor. It first
>appeared on NEXTSTEP and has been ported to MacOS. 
>
>See 
>http://www.zdnet.com/macuser/mu_0397/reviews/review12.html
>for a review.
>
>A demo is available at:
>http://www.enfocus.com/ 

****************************************************************

Kevin McConnell				Phone:	(860) 685 - 2777
Wesleyan University 			Fax:	(860) 685 - 2211
Molecular Biophysics Program
Middletown CT.  06459	http://linus.chem.wesleyan.edu/~kevin

*****************************************************************