Subject: PowBioSys

From: Armindo Salvador <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 11:19:58 +0000

PowBioSys - International Symposium on Power-Law Modelling of Biological Systems
Oeiras (Portugal), October 4-7, 1998

This is the SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT and CALL FOR ABSTRACTS for PowBioSys.
This symposium is centred on, but not restricted to, developments of
the power-law formalism and on its applications to biological problems,
>from the molecular to the ecological levels.
The following types of contributions are welcome:

* mathematical contributions bearing on or applying the power-law formalism;

* applications of the power-law formalism to biological problems;

* other applications of the power-law formalism (Chemistry, Physics,
Economics, Engineering, etc.);

* contributions that do not involve the power-law formalism but fall
within the scope of the biological themes of the sessions.

The contributions can be presented as seminars, posters, or software
demonstrations.

For more information and registration please visit the website at
http://www.itqb.unl.pt/sss5/

                                Armindo Salvador
Gr. de Bioquimica e Biologia Teoricas | Lab. de Sistemas Micro-heterogeneos
Instituto Rocha Cabral                | Inst. de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica
Cc. Bento da Rocha Cabral, 14         | Apartado 127
P-1250 LISBOA                         | P-2780 OEIRAS
Portugal