Subject: Viewmol 2.1.1 released (bug fix)

From: [email-masked] (Joerg-Ruediger Hill)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 02:04:56 +0100

Viewmol 2.1.1 has been released. This is a bug fix for version
2.1 and concerns mainly Linux users. The new version has been
statically linked with libGLw.a for Linux, since I got a number
of complaints about it from people who couldn't find this
library in their distribution (it should be part of Mesa).
The new version also fixes a bug with respect to the Post-
script output.
There have been a number of problems that people wanted to
compile Viewmol and got a message about '__eprintf not
found' from the linker. Thanks to John-David Ray Rocha I
could trace that down to a problem with libtiff, but I can't
really tell the reason for the problem. I have tried to
compile Viewmol on quite a number of different systems and
OSes and never encountered such a problem. The only reason
I can think of is, that you did not compile libtiff on
the same machine you are compiling Viewmol on. Unfortunately,
commercial OSes usually have to get patched a few times
before they actually work and even if the OS claims to
be version x.y.z on two machines it can be different due
to different installed patches. The only remedy to this
situation is to compile anything on the same machine.

Jörg-R. Hill