Subject: Mailing list for MSI's Catalyst software

From: Daniel Parish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 09:51:50 -0800

Greetings CCLers,

For some time now I have been toying with the idea of starting a mailing
list specifically for users of the software package Catalyst.  For those of
you unfamiliar with it, Catalyst is a commercial pharmacophore
generation/database searching package sold by MSI.  Although MSI maintains
its own mailing list for Catalyst (catalyst-l), traffic on their list
appears to be virtually nonexistent.  I'm not sure whether this reflects a
lack of need for such a list or whether users are uncomfortable with the
list because it is maintained by MSI.

I'd like some feedback on whether you think an independent catalyst mailing
list would be useful and who among you would be interested in
subscribing/contributing to such a list if it were available.  If there is
sufficient interest I will be happy to maintain this new list and, having a
great deal of practical (and impractical :^) ) experience using Catalyst,
happy to share my expertise as well.

Please email your comments directly to me <[email-masked]> and I
will summarize to the list if necessary.

Regards,

Daniel

__*_____Daniel W. Parish
____*_____Roche Bioscience
[email-masked]
________*_____650/855-6314 (Phone) 650/852-1875 (FAX)