Subject: HPCS'98

From: Mariusz Klobukowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:12:37 -0700

12th Annual International Symposium on
           ======================================
    High Performance Computing Systems and Applications
    ===================================================

                   Call for Participation
                   ======================

                      May 20-22, 1998
                     Edmonton, Alberta

             http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~hpcs98

       Computational Biology, Chemistry, and Physics
       =============================================

     In the past the HPCS series of  conferences  have  been
targeted  towards  the computing scientists.  This year, the
conference has changed directions, trying  to  get  computer
scientists  together  with  users  who need high performance
computing.  The program features three new streams:

o    Computational biology,
o    Computational chemistry, and
o    Computational physics.

All this in an atmosphere which  promotes  conversation  and
collaboration.

Program Highlights
==================

     The conference features:

o    at least six internationally recognized keynote  speak-
     ers,
o    three streams of invited papers (computational biology,
     chemistry, and physics),
o    refereed papers,
o    posters, and
o    a vendor exhibit.

All papers will be published in the book  "High  Performance
Computing Systems and Applications" (Kluwer Academic Press).

Poster Session
==============

     The conference includes a poster session.  We want your
submission!   Please  fill out the form available on our web
page.  The deadline for poster submissions is April 16.  All
poster  abstracts will be printed in the conference proceed-
ings.

A Unique Conference Venue!
==========================

     The conference is being held at the  Fantasyland  Hotel
at      the      world-famous     West     Edmonton     Mall
(http://www.westedmall.com).  This is a unique venue for the
conference;  one  that will appeal to the entire family.  Be
decadent and book the "Polynesian"  room;  be  Canadian  and
book  the  "Igloo".  Enjoy the world's largest indoor amuse-
ment center, the indoor golfing, water park, and many  other
unusual attractions.

Register Now!
=============

     Conference registration  includes  lunch  each  day,  a
conference  banquet,  a  wine  and cheese poster session, as
well as the usual amenities.  There is a  special  rate  for
students.        For       more       information,       see
www.cs.ualberta.ca/~hpcs98,       send       e-mail       to
[email-masked], or call (403) 492-5185.