Subject: Scratch space limitation

From: Darren Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 14:13:03 +0000

Dear all,

I sent a message the other day about Gaussian 92 scratch space limitation.
Basically I was trying to get around the 2Gig file size limitation imposed
by some operating systems.  It seemed that short of upgrading to G94 or
IRIX 6.3 I am out of luck.  Somebody suggested using MAXDISK but I'm not
sure how to make this work; certainly putting the option MAXDISK=100000000
in the route card didn't have any effect.

I am now trying the same job using GAMESS US and having (of course) the
same problem.  Is there a work around  in GAMESS US/UK or CADPAC 6.1?

Darren Andrews.

PostGraduate Student,
School of Chemistry,
University of Leeds,
Leeds.
LS2 9JT.
England.

[email-masked]

Tel: 0113 233 6594.
Fax: 0113 233 6565.