Subject: Processes in Genetic Algorithm

From: Liu Zhijie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:32:30 -0800 (PST)

Dear CCL members,

  I would like to know some new information of Genetic Algorithm(GA).In
particular,I am interested in the concrete methods in the
reproduction,mutation and cross-over processes of GA. Any recommends and
helpful references will be appreciated. 

   Sincerely yours,

   Elmer

**********************************************************************
 Chinese Name:     Zhijie Liu     *   English Name : Elmer
**********************************************************************
 MOLECULAR DESIGN LABORATORY     ***  TEL : 8610-62751490      (LAB )
 INSTITUTE OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY ***        8610-62752096-1082 (DORM)
 PEKING UNIVERSITY               ***  FAX : 8610-62751725
 BEIJING 100871 , P.R.CHINA      ***  EMAIL : [email-masked]
**********************************************************************
 ADDRESS: BUILDING 46* ROOM 1082* PEKING UNIVERSITY* 100871* P.R.CHINA
**********************************************************************

---

From: Frank Herrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:06:42 +0100 (MET)

Dear Elmer,

The basic book about genetic algorithms is Goldbergs book. See below the references to
this and some other books. Look at my web-page for some GA links and a bibliography of
GAs applied to molecular structure prediction.

hope this helps,

---------------------------------------------------------------------
           Frank Herrmann, Computer Scientist, PhD Student            
   Institute of Parallel and Distributed High-Performance Systems    
                   (IPVR) University of Stuttgart                     
                      Breitwiesenstrasse 20-22                        
                    D-70565 Stuttgart  (Germany)                      
          email: [email-masked]         
http://www.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/ipvr/bv/personen/herrmann.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------
           How often we forget all time, when lone
           Admiring Nature's universal throne;
           Her woods- her wilds- her mountains- the intense                 
           Reply of HERS to OUR intelligence!
                                            Stanzas . Edgar Allan Poe
---------------------------------------------------------------------

@book{holland,
author={John H. Holland},
title={Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems},
publisher={The University of Michigan Press},
address={Ann Arbor, MI},
year=1975}

@book{goldberg,
author={David E. Goldberg},
title={Genetic  algorithms in search, optimization, and machine learning},
publisher={Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc.},
year=1989}

@book{davis,
editor={Lawrance Davis},
title={Genetic Algorithms and Simulated Annealing},
publisher={Morgan Kaufmann Publishers},
year=1987}

@book{handbook,
editor={Lawrence Davis},
title={Handbook of Genetic Algorithms},
publisher={Van Nostrand Reinhold},
year=1991}

@book{foundations,
editor={Gregory J. E. Rawlins},
title={Foundations of Genetic Algorithms},
publisher={Morgan Kaufmann Publishers},
year=1991}

@book{rechenberg,
author={Ingo Rechenberg},
title={Evolutionsstrategie},
publisher={Friedrich Frommann Verlag},
year=1973}

@book{smith,
author={John Maynard Smith},
title={Evolutionary Genetics},
publisher={Oxford University Press},
year=1989}