Subject: 98.06.06 Workshop: Molec. Modeling of Clays and Mineral Surfaces, Cleveland

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 01:29:00 -0500 (EST)

Molecular Modeling of Clays and Mineral Surfaces
================================================

Saturday, June 6th - 8 AM to 6 PM

Organized by James D. Kubicki (Computer Sciences Corp.) and W.F. Bleam
(University of Wisconsin - Madison)

Speakers:

  James Rustad (Pacific Northwest National Laboratories) Computational
     studies of mineral-water interfaces 
  Neal Skipper (University College) Monte Carlo and molecular dynamics
     computer simulation of interlayer fluids 
  Randy Cygan (Sandia National Laboratories) Molecular models of metal
     sorption on clay minerals 
  Edward Tipping (Institute of Freshwater Ecology) Modeling the binding of
     protons and metal ions by humic substances 

In addition, there will be demonstrations by MSI, Inc. and Schrodinger, Inc. 
Workshop registration fee $95 (students, $45) before April 15; $105 (students,
$50) after April 15.

Registration fee will include course notes, continental breakfast, lunch and
post-workshop reception.

Limited to 100 registrants

Details available at: 
   http://www.cwru.edu/artsci/geol/files/cms.html

======================

Check also other conferences in CCL Archives:
     http://www.ccl.net/cca/info/conferencelist.html

Jan Labanowski
[email-masked]