Subject: Summary: Mailing list for MSI's Catalyst software

From: Daniel Parish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 07:40:10 -0800

Dear CCLers,

Earlier in the month I asked for feedback concerning the establishment of
an independent Catalyst mailing list.  To date I have received a total of
10 responses in favor of the idea and 1 opposed to it.  I also received
responses from 2 MSI scientists asking to be included, which I believe
would be important for the success of the list.  While not quite the level
of response I expected, I think this is a reasonable number of participants
to get things started.  If the list results in some useful discussions,
etc., I'm sure we will be able to attract more users as time progresses.  

I will now look into where/how to get this set up and will send out another
email when it is ready to go.

Regards,

Daniel

At 09:51 AM 2/10/98 -0800, I wrote:
>Greetings CCLers,
>
>For some time now I have been toying with the idea of starting a mailing
>list specifically for users of the software package Catalyst.  For those of
>you unfamiliar with it, Catalyst is a commercial pharmacophore
>generation/database searching package sold by MSI.  Although MSI maintains
>its own mailing list for Catalyst (catalyst-l), traffic on their list
>appears to be virtually nonexistent.  I'm not sure whether this reflects a
>lack of need for such a list or whether users are uncomfortable with the
>list because it is maintained by MSI.
>
>I'd like some feedback on whether you think an independent catalyst mailing
>list would be useful and who among you would be interested in
>subscribing/contributing to such a list if it were available.  If there is
>sufficient interest I will be happy to maintain this new list and, having a
>great deal of practical (and impractical :^) ) experience using Catalyst,
>happy to share my expertise as well.
>
>Please email your comments directly to me <[email-masked]> and I
>will summarize to the list if necessary.
>

__*_____Daniel W. Parish
____*_____Roche Bioscience
[email-masked]
________*_____650/855-6314 (Phone) 650/852-1875 (FAX)