Subject: DeFT on Alpha's

From: "Damian G. Allis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:31:17 -0500 (EST)

Hello  CCL'ers,

	I'm going to shoot for two.  I'm trying to compile DeFT on a
Digital Personal Workstation running Digital Unix.  When I use the command

	f77 -o DeFT ./*.f

	the machine starts to do a lot of HD accessing, but then dies off
suddenly.  After about 5 minutes, I get this message:

fort: Fatal: A memory access violation (bus error or segmentation fault)
has occurred.  Please submit a problem report.

	Now, when I run f77 in clumps of files (all a's, for instance),
the program begins to make a DeFT file of some size.  I tried listing all
the files in the directory for compiling, but Digital Unix only allows 256
characters per prompt (about 300 characters short of what I'd need to
fit everything).

	If anyone could help me on either the DeFT or the Alpha side, it
would be greatly appreciated.  

							thanks in advance,
							Damian

Damian Allis
[email-masked]