Subject: Solvation and Complex Formation - International Conference

From: Iosif Vaisman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:32:59 -0500 (EST)

Problems of Solvation and Complex Formation in Solutions
7th International Conference

June 29 - July 2, 1998, Ivanovo, Russia

Institute of Solution Chemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences will
host the 7th International Conference on Problems of Solvation and Complex
Formation in Solutions to be held on June 29 - July 2, 1998 in Ivanovo,
Russia. Conference sessions will be organized in three sections:

 1. Solvation and reactivity in liquid systems.
 2. Role of medium in reactions of complex formation.
 3. Chemistry of solutions and new principles of chemical technologies.

Previous, 6th Conference was attended by 200 scientists from Russia and
FSU, Austria, France, Israel, Poland, Sweden, and UK. Program of the 6th
Conference included 70 lectures and 190 posters. It provided a stimulating
forum for interaction and discussion between the scientists from various
disciplines interested in physics and chemistry of liquids and solutions.

Executive Committee
A. M. Kutepov, A. G. Zakharov, L. P. Safonova, O. V. Eliseeva

Invited Speakers (confirmed)
A. K. Baev (Belarus)
Karl Heinzinger (Germany)
Arkady Kolker (Russia)
Boris Krumgalz (Israel)
A. K. Lyashchenko (Russia)
Yizhak Marcus (Israel)
Toshio Yamaguchi (Japan)

Call for Abstracts.
Abstracts of all conference presentations (plenary and invited lectures,
short oral communications, and posters) will be printed in the Book of
Abstracts. One-page abstracts should be written in English and submitted
in triplicate to Dr. O. V Eliseeva, Institute of Solution Chemistry,
Akademicheskaya Street 1, 153045 Ivanovo, Russia or by e-mail to
[email-masked]. Deadline for abstract submission is March 15. 

Venue.  
Ivanovo is an industrial and academic center north-east of Moscow. 
Located within major tourist attraction of Central Russia - The Golden
Ring - Ivanovo provides a number of unique opportunities to visit ancient
Russian towns, museums, and national parks with breathtaking views on the
upper reaches of Volga. Special tours to Vladimir, Suzdal, Kostroma, Ples 
will be organized for the conference participants.

The conference will take place in the Hotel Turist in Ivanovo. Single room -
Rbl145 (approx. $25), double room - Rbl130 (including breakfast).

Registration fee: general - $150, students - $50 (payable upon arrival at
the Conference registration desk). 
          
Registration Form
Name (first, last) ________________________________________
Title [Prof] [Dr] [Mr] [Mrs] [Ms]
Institution _______________________________________________
Address ___________________________________________________
Phone _____________ Fax ____________ E-mail _______________
Title of presentation _____________________________________
Format of presentation [Oral] [Poster]

Please submit the registration form before March 15, 1998 to:
Conference Secretary
Institute of Solution Chemistry
Academicheskaya Street 1
153045 Ivanovo, Russia
Fax: +7-0932-378509. E-mail: [email-masked]

For additional information visit one of the Conference pages at
http://www.ihnr.polytech.ivanovo.su/conference.html
or
http://sunsite.unc.edu/water/solvation98.html