Subject: TINKER Version 3.6 is Available

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 98 14:44:59 -0600

Dear CCL,

 The latest release of the TINKER molecular modeling package, version 3.6
 dated February 1998, is available from http://dasher.wustl.edu/tinker/ or
 via anonymous ftp from dasher.wustl.edu in the /pub/tinker area.

 TINKER is a modular, general package for molecular mechanics and dynamics
 with some special facilities and parameter sets for peptides and proteins.
 It supports AMBER-95, CHARMM, MM2, MM3, AMBER/OPLS and OPLS-AA. Some very
 preliminary parameters for our TINKER polarizable multipole force field
 are also included. The package contains advanced algorithms for energy
 minimization, distance geometry and global search that are not, to our
 knowledge, available elsewhere. TINKER is distributed with full source code,
 a User's Guide, and several examples and test molecule files. Directions are
 supplied for building the package on many Unix variants, Windows 95/NT and
 Macintosh. Prebuilt executables limited to a maximum of 3000 atoms are also
 provided for Windows 95/NT and Power Macintosh.

 Please see the web site above for further information. Comments, questions
 and suggestions for future improvements (yes, we are looking into a GUI...)
 can be sent to [email-masked].

                                 Jay Ponder

--------
Jay W. Ponder				Phone:	(314) 362-4195
Biochemistry, Box 8231         		Fax:	(314) 362-7183
Washington University Medical School
660 South Euclid Avenue			Email:	[email-masked]
St. Louis, Missouri 63110  USA		WWW:	http://dasher.wustl.edu/