Subject: DeFT on Alpha's II

From: "Damian G. Allis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 11:45:53 -0500 (EST)

Hello all once again!

	I'd thank everyone individually who responded to my compliation
problem, but there were just too many (ya'll know who you are, though).
Of course, it turned out to be something stupid that wouldn't happen in a
superior OS like Linux ;).  Actually, if anyone is looking to buy a
machine devoted solely to DeFT, get a Digital PW 500 and keep it using
Digital Unix.  It's already taken two days off of a decaborane
calculation.

	Anyway, I've a second question for anyone.  I'm trying to setup a
vibrational analysis for a series of molecules, but have no idea as to how
to set up the "restart" file it needs.  Basically, I'm not sure if one
re-does the DeFT_shell file to redirect things, where to put the restart
file, etc.  If anyone has a procedure for this, it'd be very cool.

						Thanks in advance,
						Damian     

Damian Allis
[email-masked]

nekid w/o a sig.