Subject: Dear SIRS

From: [email-masked] (Renate Griffith)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 11:27:38 +1100

Dear all,

I do not want to take up too much bandwidth or start a flame, so please
reply to me personally rather than to the list, BUT:

a plea from a female scientist: PLEASE, PLEASE, DO SEND YOUR MESSAGES TO
EVERYBODY NOT JUST TO MALE SCIENTISTS.

The mindset that can not even conceive of scientists being other than male
(as in "Dear Sirs, ...) is extremely hurtful. Quite apart from being wrong.

Regards
Renate

***   The FOURTH AUSTRALIAN MODELLING WORKSHOP   ***
                  is happening soon
            http://www.chem.mq.edu.au/MM98
                         ***

Dr. Renate Griffith                          Email: [email-masked]
Department of Chemistry                      phone: +61 42 213516
University of Wollongong                     fax:   +61 42 214287
Northfields Ave
Wollongong NSW 2522
Australia