Subject: Difficulty in sending email to [email-masked] - erlangen.de

From: Dr S K Malasubramanian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 09:37:23 +0500 (GMT+0500)

to all,
Sorry to trouble you all.My email toms.henrietta roth at the journalof 
molecular modeling have not been reaching her.The  reply is 
hostunknown.The message is given below.I would feelobligedif anyone can 
forward the message.
S. K. Balasubramanian. Ph .D.,				B-8, Apsara  Apartments,
Ph.:  (0212) 620627						259,Bund 
Garden Road,
Pune 411001. (India)
e-mail address:     [email-masked]		

Ms.Henrietta Roth
Editor,
Journal of Molecular Modeling,

Dear Ms. Roth,
	Thank you for your email. I am glad to know about your electronic 
journal. I would be glad to submit my paper to you for evaluation.
	The paper concerns a new non-quantum model for atomic structure 
based on simple assumptions. It is a chemist's approach to molecular 
geometry and  structure and is non mathematical. It explains why a carbon 
atom is tetrahedral. The variety of single bonds such as the tetrahedral, 
square (pyramidal ) planar and the inverted bonds are explained in a 
natural and easy manner. The common double bond and the double bond with 
tetrahedral carbons also find easy accommodation. In a similar manner the 
triple bond with double bond geometry providing for cis-trans isomerism 
found in complexes is also explained. The model provides a new look  into 
aromaticity and the formation of  benzyne is not exceptional but a 
fundamental part of aromaticity. It provides an easy explanation for some 
chemical reactions such as S N 2 and isotope scrambling reactions.
	In silicon the model accounts for the chirality of quartz. It 
also explains the formation of silicocene derivative and its specific  
properties. Silicon provides a possible method of verification of the 
validity of the model. 
	In boron to my knowledge this is the only model that compulsively 
leads to the peculiar geometry of diborane. Boron shows a variety of bond 
geometry which could account for the boron hydrides and for the structure 
of crystalline boron. Our boron work is incomplete. I will send a small 
skeletal account more for illustrating the potential of the method than 
as a complete argument. Ferromagnetism and anti-ferromagnetism are childs 
play for the model.
	We have covered a number of elements including the inert gases. 
But the basic concept and the methodology would have to find general 
acceptance before the other elements could be considered.
	I have one handicap. My internet connection allows only textual 
matter to be transmitted, whereas the paper contains several formulae and 
color photographs. I am asking for help for help  in transmitting these. 
If such  help does  not materialise  I may have to send the paper by post 
 . You may have the additional trouble of converting it  into electronic 
form. I hope it would be acceptable.
	Thanking you,
	Yours truly,
       S.K.Balasubramanian)