Subject: ChemSymphony Beans: JavaBeans for Chemistry

From: Adam Hodgkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 11:01:28 +0000

Dear Chemist

Cherwell Scientific today announces the release of ChemSymphony Beans.
ChemSymphony Beans are customizable and flexible Java tools for creating
chemistry resources on a network. The package comprises 36 components or
JavaBeans. See:

http://www.cherwell.com/chemsymphony/index.html

ChemSymphony Beans provide many of the distinctively 'chemical' tools needed
for building corporate intranets managing chemistry data; and for
integrating the results from (or inputs to) molecular modelling or
combinatorial chemistry software over a network. The Beans are components
which allow data to be edited and viewed, presented and interactively
modified in many different ways. They are standard JavaBeans and can be
compiled with other Beans. A variety of 2D and  3D tools are available, and
the customizability of JavaBeans will encourage developers and third parties
to adapt these basic tools to special purposes. 

Extensive and detailed documentation which moves from an 'introductory' to
an 'advanced programmer' level is available at:

http://www.cherwell.com/chemsymphony/ChemSymphonyBeans/index.html

We have also posted a White Paper, outlining applications for this
technology at:

http://www.cherwell.com/chemsymphony/ChemSymphonyBeans/CSBeansUse/CSBeansInt
ro.html

A fully functional, single-user set of the Beans is available for US$199.
Cherwell Scientific also offers annual intranet licences for corporate
deployment.
 
Our thanks to the members of the Computational Chemistry List who have
helped us at various stages, by providing beta-test reports and suggesting
new functionality. 

Adam

---                                                                       ---
     Adam Hodgkin                    |  e-mail:  [email-masked]
     Chairman                        |  Phone:   +44 (0)1865 784810
     Cherwell Scientific Publishing  |  Fax:     +44 (0)1865 784801
     Oxford OX4 4GA, UK              |  URL:     http://www.cherwell.com
---                                                                       ---