Subject: Sun vs silicon graphics

From: Raji Viswanathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 09:18:05 -0500 (EST)

We are interested in buying a workstation that will satisfy the needs of
our chemistry and physics departments.  We would appreciate any input
regarding the pros and cons of a sun vs silicon graphics workstation.
The Chemistry department would be using it for some molecular modeling
(using spartan, CAche, and GAMESS) as well as some Monte Carlo and
molecular dynamics calculations. The physics department is also interested
in some Monte Carlo simulations using this workstation. 

Thanks in advance for your input.

					*******************
					R. Viswanathan
					Dept. of Chemistry
					Yeshiva University
					500 West 185th street
					NY, NY 10033
					(212) 960 - 5443
					[email-masked]
					********************