Subject: MSI Web development seminar, ACS Dallas

From: Ton van Daelen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 13:36:01 +0000

Hi there -

Molecular Simulations, Inc. (MSI) is organizing two Web development
seminars at the ACS in Dallas. The following announcement outlines the
material covered by these seminars. To register, visit the ACS web site
(www.acs.org), or if the registration deadline has passed, please
register by email with Cindy Dudy at MSI ([email-masked]).

Regards

Ton

<bold>Deploying Modeling Applications through the World Wide Web

</bold>

ACS Dallas

Rm A236, Dallas Convention Center

Tuesday March 31, 9:30-11:00

Wednesday April 1, 1:00-2:30

As the World Wide Web has taken hold, browser based client-server
architecture is emerging as the new standard computing environment.
Through significant investment in its WebLab(TM) initiative, MSI stands
as a leader in developing interactive Java based applications. The result
is widespread access to validated server technology through a
straightforward, interactive browser based interface from your desktop
computer. The first of MSI's WebLab products, MedChem(TM) and Gene
Explorer(TM), provide comprehensive computational solutions for all
pharmaceutical researchers. 

These exciting products were created using MSI's internal WebLab
development environment, now sold as a commercial product, C2.WebBuilder.
C2.WebBuilder provides all the necessary client and server components for
creating Web-based applications. With C2.WebBuilder the developer can
design an intuitive browser interface and make any in-house, third party,
or MSI server application available to anyone using any computer on the
corporate intranet. The C2.WebBuilder toolkit employs a GUI building tool
for manipulating Java bean components from libraries provided by MSI and
other vendors. Because of the building tool's graphical nature, only
minimal knowledge of Java is required to rapidly combine components and
build high quality computational instruments. To ensure compatibility
with third party providers, the toolkit also includes tools that
facilitate incorporation of CORBA compliant server and client components
within WebLab.

  Ton van Daelen, Ph.D.    Product Manager Software Developer's Kit

       __o                                        E: [email-masked]

     _`\<<,_          Molecular Simulations, Inc   P: -1-619-546-5329

    (*)/ (*)         9685 Scranton Road           F: -1-619-458-0136

  /\/\/\/\/\/\       San Diego, CA 92121          W: http://www.msi.com

- Check out What's New in SDK on the SDK web pages at http://www.msi.com/support/sdk/

- A free Cerius2 interface to the program GRID is now available. Download it from

the SDK website