From: [email-masked] (L. Kraig Steffen)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 17:59:28 -0500

The Wavefunction Molecular Modeling Workshops are back...
(with apolegies to those who are also on the CUR listserve for the duplication)

I would like to invite faculty and others interested in molecular modeling
to participate in a one day intensive workshop on the use of molecular
modeling in the classroom.  Fairfield University will be sponsoring a
workshop on the 29th of April in the Trumbull Marriott, Trumbull CT.  (Just
down the road from New Haven.)  Workshops are also scheduled for April 28th
in NYC and April 30th in Amherst MA.  See the Wavefunction Schedule for
information on a workshop near you at:
http://www.wavefun.com/education/workshops/workshops_UMM/workshop_UMM.html
for more information.

Here is a description of the workshop to be held on the 29th.

Dear Colleague,

You are invited to participate in a workshop titled "Molecular Modeling in
the Undergraduate Curriculum"  hosted by Fairfield University on  April
29th, 1998.  The workshop is presented by Dr. Alan J. Shusterman, Professor
of Chemistry, Reed College, and features Wavefunction's molecular modeling
software packages SPARTAN, PCSPARTAN Plus, and MacSPARTAN Plus.
The presentation provides a brief introduction to molecular modeling and
focuses on ways that molecular modeling can enhance undergraduate chemistry
education.  No prior experience with molecular modeling is assumed.  Many
examples are from organic chemistry but participants from all areas are
welcome.

The Workshop:
* Introduces molecular modeling
* illustrates use and interpretation of graphical models
* provides sample lecture and laboratory materials and student problems
* allows ample time for hands-on exploration

You will receive:
* A copy of the workshop lecture notes
* A desk copy of  The Molecular Modeling Workbook for Organic Chemistry
* MacSPARTAN or PCSPARTAN Tutorial

Schedule:
8:30-9:00       Registration (coffee and light refreshments)
9:00-12:00      Interactive lecture and demonstrations
12:00-1:00      Lunch
1:00-3:00       Laboratory session and discussion opportunities

Facilities:
MacSPARTAN will be running on our portable laboratory of laptop computers
generously provided by AppleComputer specifically for the workshop.

Registration:
The workshop fee is $50.  This includes a continental breakfast, lunch, all
lecture materials, and parking arrangements.  Enrollment is limited to 22
participants.  A registration form is attached and is due to Wavefunction
by April 15th.
        Please contact Scott Scheer at Wavefunction to Register

                Scott Scheer, Marketing associate, Educational Projects
                Wavefunction
                18401 Von Karman Ave., Suite 370, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
                Phone: (714) 955-2120
                        Fax: (714) 955-2118
                [email-masked]

Location:
Trumbull Marriot
180 Hawley Lane
Trumbull CT
203 378 1400
(At the Junction of the Merritt Parkway and CT route 8)

Please share this information with any colleagues who may be interested.
Please feel free to contact me or Wavefunction for additional information.

Sincerely,

L. Kraig Steffen
Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Fairfield University
Fairfield CT  06430
203 254 4000 x 2254
[email-masked]

L. Kraig Steffen
Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Fairfield University, Fairfield CT  06430
203 254 4000 x 2254 fax: 203 254 4034
email: [email-masked]
www:  http://192.160.244.139/chem/steffen.html