Subject: Software to review

From: "Stephen R. Heller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 14:48:14 -0500 (EST)

March 20, 1998

Subject:  Computer Software for Review

     As the Software Review Editor for the ACS Journal of
Chemical Information and Computer Science (JCICS) I often get
software for review in the journal.   I have one (1) new software product 
for review. I am looking for people who are willing to
review this software product.  In return for the
review which is published in JCICS you get to keep the software
or database.  The review should be completed in 1-3 months.  The
length of the review is 4-10 double spaced typed pages.  Sample
reviews can be found in most of the recent issues of JCICS.

     Please try to give me some (short) reason to choose you over
another person. DO NOT SAY YOU WILL REVIEW ANYTHING I HAVE
AVAILABLE.  Messages with such replies are trashed!

     I have tried this approach for about the past six years and
it is working reasonably well. (REMINDER: For those who haven't
finished your reviews of software sent months and months ago,
this last sentence does not apply to you!)  As a result, I am
continuing this new method to find reviewers using this e-
mail/user group system.  I reserve the right to abandon this if
it is a problem, or inappropriate.  I will not notify people if I
have found a reviewer.  If you don't hear from me within a few
days I have chosen someone else to review the particular package.

     As I get many, many, (too many) replies to this message,
please do not respond after 23 March 1998 (Monday), as I am
sure the software will be gone by then.

     I can be reached on Internet ([email-masked]).

     PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE AN STREET ADDRESS, PHONE, and FAX
NUMBER!!!  (I often send the software by Federal Express.)  Without
this information I WILL NOT consider your request.

     Steve Heller

The package I now have is:

gNMR from Cherwell Scientific.  gNMR is a program for simulating 
1-D NMR spectra for any NMR active nucleus - in a single molecule or in 
a mixture.

Steve Heller, NIST 820 Diamond Avenue, Room 101
Gaithersburg, MD 20899 USA
Phone: 301-975-3338    FAX: 301-926-0416
E-mail:  [email-masked]
WWW:     www.hellers.com/~steve