Subject: Top PC vs. Unix

From: Attila Aranyos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 11:59:50 -0500

Hi,

Does anyone know how fast (or slow :)) is a top PC with all you can get now
(P-II 333 MhZ (may be dual) and tip-top HD contorller ) compared with a
Unix workstation?

thanks:

attila

---

From: Milan Hodoscek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 13:17:53 -0500

>>>>> "Attila" == Attila Aranyos <[email-masked]> writes:

    Attila> Hi, Does anyone know how fast (or slow :)) is a top PC
    Attila> with all you can get now (P-II 333 MhZ (may be dual) and
    Attila> tip-top HD contorller ) compared with a Unix workstation?

I put some new results which answer your question on my standard
benchmark table for a molecular dynamics program CHARMM. Please, see

http://kihp6.cmm.ki.si/parallel/summary.html 

Milan Hodoscek (http://kihp6.ki.si/)