Subject: Re: CCL:compiling gamess using gcc2.7.2.3.f.2

From: "Ricky A. Kendall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 00:35:27 -0800 (PST)

> Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 17:03:30 -0600 (CST)
  > From: [email-masked]
  > Sender: Computational Chemistry List <[email-masked]>
  > Errors-to: [email-masked]
  > X-VMS-To: IN%"[email-masked]"
  > Precedence: bulk
  > X-Authentication-warning: www.ccl.net: mail set sender to
  >  [email-masked] using -f
  > Content-Type: text
  > Content-Length: 827
  > 
  > I have a linux (kernel  2.0.15) box on which I compiled an older version
  > gamess using gcc2.6.3. I now have a 'fortran aware' version of gcc and I
  > am trying to compile the most recent version of gamess. I created
  > actvte.x, apparently without incident, but the compile process is
  > unsuccessful. If anyone knows what is going on I would appreciate some
  > help.
  > Thanks, JWC
  > 
  > -------This is added Automatically by the Software--------
  > -- Original Sender Envelope Address: [email-masked]
  > -- Original Sender From: Address: [email-masked]
  > [email-masked]: Everybody | [email-masked]: Coordinator
  > [email-masked]: HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH | Gopher: www.ccl.net 73
  > Anon. ftp: www.ccl.net   | [email-masked] -- archive search
  >              Web: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html 
  > 
  > 

This is the same fortran compiler for version 3.4 of slakware.  This
does not work with our software.  Version 3.3 of slakware works fine
but it is one version back in the g77 compiler which is based on
gcc2.7.2.2 

Regards,
Ricky

-- 
=============================================================================
===    Ricky A. Kendall  <internet: [email-masked]>                   ===
===    P.O. Box 999, Mail Stop K1-83                                      ===
===    High Performance Computational Chemistry Group                     ===
===    Theory, Modeling, and Simulation Program                           ===
===    Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory                        ===
===    Pacific Northwest National Laboratory                              ===
===    Richland, WA 99352-0999                                            ===
===    Phone: (509) 375-2602  Fax: (509) 375-6631  Pager: (509) 543-1061  ===
===-----------------------------------------------------------------------===
===    Personal email: [email-masked]                                ===
===     -Support the American Diabetes Association                        ===
=============================================================================
===    All opinions are my own and not those of any other life form,      ===
===                     living, dead or unknown.                          ===
=============================================================================
=============================================================================
===    Parallel computing is the way of the future			  ===
=== 	                       Always was ........  always will be!!!!!	  ===
=============================================================================
=============================================================================
===        One must be careful to not end up as ROADKILL		  ===
===          	on the Information Super-Highway	 		  ===
=============================================================================