Subject: 1998 AIChe Meeting Papers Sought

From: [email-masked] (Joe Golab)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:52:53 -0600

ANNOUNCEMENT -- 1998 AIChe Annual Meeting, November 15-19

Molecular modeling and simulation have reached levels of sophistication
and accuracy that make them increasingly essential and highly useful
tools for chemists and chemical engineers.  At the same time, the
methods, capabilities, and limitations are often not yet well-known.  As
part of the 1998 AIChE Annual Meeting (November 15-19), a topical
conference, "Applying Molecular Modeling and Computational Chemistry"
will be held (see http://www.ecs.umass.edu/topical/).

The purpose of this letter is to give you notice of our session,
"Molecular and Materials Modeling for Applications in the Oil and Gas
Industry" (session code T4005).  The goals of the session conference are
to educate potential users in industry and academia focusing on
applications and new developments through contributed papers.  It is
anticipated that those who need to understand possible uses and results
and those who simply want to learn about the area will be in the audience.

We are seeking papers on the following topics: Thermochemistry, Kinetics,
Physical Properties, Catalysis Modeling (Natural Gas Conversion, Hydrotreating,
Cracking, Downstream Product Production), Corrosion Inhibition, Isomerization,
and Multicomponent Systems.  We strongly encourage you to submit a suitable
paper for this session.

Papers will be accepted based on Web-based submission of the AIChE
Proposal-to-Present forms
(http://www.aiche.org/docs/meetapp/programming/cfp.htm).  If you do not
have access to Web-based forms, please contact either one of us using
the information below.  The deadline is April 9, 1998 for the Submit
Proposal-to-Present form by Web form, including the extended abstract.
Note the new AIChe requirement that an extended abstract must consist of
Introduction, Results, Discussion, and References.  There is no minimum
length requirement, however.

Please feel free to distribute this information to other researchers in
the petrochemical industry, academia, and national labs.  Thank you for
your consideration.

Sincerely,

John Walsh                                  Joe Golab
Shell Exploration and Production            Amoco Corporation
Facilities Technology Department,           Amoco Research Center
 Westhollow Technology Ctr.                 150 West Warrenville Road
PO Box 1380                                 Mail Code D-5
Houston, TX 77251-1380                      Naperville, IL 60563
Tel: (281) 544-8917                         (630) 961-7878
Fax: (281) 544-8826                         (630) 961-6223
Email: [email-masked]                    [email-masked]

-- 

:Joe
 [email-masked]
 (630) 961-7878  <SOCON 231 7878>

 +-------------------------------------------------------+
 | At one point, we were hunters and gatherers, and then |
 | it seems like all of a sudden we became party goers.  |
 |                                         - Jane Wagner |
 +-------------------------------------------------------+