Subject: impact factor

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 12:56:47 +0000

Dear all,
I am looking for the impact factors for some physical and chemical 
journals. Could you help me please?
Thanks in advance,
Jolanta

---

From: Ralph Merkle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 08:46:11 PST

The journal Nanotechnology had a 1996 impact factor of 1.881, which
placed it at the top of its category in engineering.
(see: http://www.ioppublishing.com/Journals/Catalogue/NA)

This is remarkably good for a new journal.  Phys Rev A (listed in the
URL given below) had a 1992 impact factor of 2.157

Impact factors for some physics journals are given at:
http://arcadia.tuniv.szczecin.pl/impact.html

A brief discussion of the impact factor, along with links to two articles
on the subject, is at

http://www.isinet.com/guidebk/glossary.html#impact factor