Subject: MB (or MW) in Gaussian 94

From: "M. Nicklaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 17:08:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I hope this is not a FAQ.

How does G94 count one MB (or MW) in the %Mem command?
Is it 1 x (or 8 x) 1,000,000;    
or 1 x (or 8 x) 2^20 = 1 x (or 8 x) 1,048,576 ?

Hence, do the commands
%Mem=8000000
%Mem=8MW
%Mem=64MB
all mean exactly 64,000,000 or 67,108,864 bytes?

I tend toward the first interpretation, but since the
manual does not seem to spell this problem out explicitly,
I thought I'd ask...

Marc

------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Marc C. Nicklaus                        National Institutes of Health
 E-mail: [email-masked]               Bldg 37, Rm 5B29
 Phone:  (301) 402-3111                  37 Convent Dr, MSC 4255       
 Fax:    (301) 496-5839                  BETHESDA, MD 20892-4255    USA 
      http://rex.nci.nih.gov/RESEARCH/basic/medchem/mcnbio.htm
    Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, National Cancer Institute,  &
 Center for Molecular Modeling, Div. of Computer Research and Technology
------------------------------------------------------------------------