Subject: Re: Problems running Spartan on Dec Alpha

From: Frank Schaper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 18:51:10 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all,

some time ago, I posted due to problems with Spartan after updating out
Alpha to Digital Unix V40.B.

> Dear netters,
> 
> after updating our Alpha to Digital UNIX V4.0B (including the Open-GL
> Interface) we receive the following error messages, when trying to run
> Spartan 4.1.1. :
> 
> 
>   spartan/builder error: unable to find visual to support double buffer,
>   RGB, Z-buffered rendering.
> 
> 

Many thanks to everyone who responded. The solution was embarassing
simple. Spartan seems to have problems in detecting the graphic and trys
to run the OpenGL-version instead of the X-Windows-version.  Simple
editing of the batch-file and removal of the automatic detection solves
the problem. 

Hein